Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anybody has ever been on one and whether people reckon they're brilliant for people with very little time/to be avoided at all costs?

I need to learn to drive soon (had 12 lessons back when I turned 17 but then didn't have the money to continue) but will be really busy, so wasn't sure if spending a week learning might be the best solution?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you have a whole week free then you may as well do it, especially if you've had lessons before

ReputationRep:
    A driving instructor told me that they're not good if you're someone who is a very nervous learner driver (like I used to be, haha, but not anymore), because you'll need more time to get over your nerves. But if that's not you, and you're fairly confident and a quick learner, then go for it :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Depends how good you are :p:

If you're likely to learn quickly or have done it before, it can be a good investment. If not, it really doesn't matter and I wouldn't pay extra for it.

I did an 'intensive' course with my instructor where I didn't pay a set amount with the intention of passing in two weeks or whatever, I just booked loads and loads of lessons in quick succession :p:

ReputationRep:
    think really hard about it
    i am doing one at the moment (2-3hrs/day for 2 weeks) and i am on the brink of a nervous breakdown!!!
    normally im not a nervous person (im type of person who refused too study the weekend before my A's cuz i had just decided it was 'already over') but it is REALLY REALLY stressful.
    maybe dont book the test right afterwards, and use it as a kind of springboard for your learning so you can get up to a reasonable standard pretty quickly

good luck with everythingxxx

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the advice everybody!
    I might stick to normal lessons but just try to do more of them than once-a-week

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.