Turn on thread page Beta

One of my boyfriends friends from home came to visit him yesterday at uni. He needed a bit of cheering up because he broke up with his girlfriend a couple of weeks ago. So my boyfriend decided to take him out to a few bars, originally he just planned it to be a lads night. But then he invited his girl friends too to bulk up numbers as there werent many people around. He said that I was welcome to come after he invited the girls.

I kind of wondered if it was unfair of me to go. If i'd broken up with my boyfriend and went to visit my friend, I'd be a bit gutted if she brought her boyfriend out with us. But then i thought, oh well there'll be quite a few of us going out. My boyfriend doesnt think it'll be a problem so never mind.

Then he changes his mind and asks me if he thinks it'd be better if I didn't go for that reason. At the time, i can't really argue with that. He says I can come if i want to but he just doesnt want to make his friend feel awkward or left out. So i don't go and I'm happy to hang out with my own friends instead. But then he texts me when he's out. Theres a big group of them, his housemates, people off his course, all getting drunk and having fun in clubs and i feel really left out

Was it weird that he uninvited me? Or have I just thought too much about it now?

I do not think that it is strange to univite you. The reason is valid and he just may not have thought about it until after he had texted. Maybe his friend didn't look very pleased when he told him that you were coming (ie. he wished he had his girlfriend to invite along). Sorry you felt left out but I do not think it was for any other reason but to help his friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    One of my boyfriends friends from home came to visit him yesterday at uni. He needed a bit of cheering up because he broke up with his girlfriend a couple of weeks ago. So my boyfriend decided to take him out to a few bars, originally he just planned it to be a lads night. But then he invited his girl friends too to bulk up numbers as there werent many people around. He said that I was welcome to come after he invited the girls.

I kind of wondered if it was unfair of me to go. If i'd broken up with my boyfriend and went to visit my friend, I'd be a bit gutted if she brought her boyfriend out with us. But then i thought, oh well there'll be quite a few of us going out. My boyfriend doesnt think it'll be a problem so never mind.

Then he changes his mind and asks me if he thinks it'd be better if I didn't go for that reason. At the time, i can't really argue with that. He says I can come if i want to but he just doesnt want to make his friend feel awkward or left out. So i don't go and I'm happy to hang out with my own friends instead. But then he texts me when he's out. Theres a big group of them, his housemates, people off his course, all getting drunk and having fun in clubs and i feel really left out

Was it weird that he uninvited me? Or have I just thought too much about it now?
    Sounds like you've thought about it too much

Like you said, it's probably because the guy is upset about losing his gf...
    It is horrible being left out but you did the right thing I suppose, you should have met with your friends and gone out yourself

ReputationRep:
    Sort of sucks but your boyfriend was just trying to do the right thing by his mate so don't give him a hard time about it. Either that or he's shagging someone from his course.

ReputationRep:
    Think you're like me - over analysing things. He was just trying to cheer his mate up and maybe he thought that you wouldn't mind.

ReputationRep:
    Don't overthink it, if he's cheating on you then he's cheating on you. It's not the end of the world - just dump him and move on.

However, don't accuse him of anything till you're sure. Falsely accusing him could just push him to cheat on you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Behaving)
    Don't overthink it, if he's cheating on you then he's cheating on you. It's not the end of the world - just dump him and move on.

However, don't accuse him of anything till you're sure. Falsely accusing him could just push him to cheat on you.
    What?

I think you've completely failed to understand what the OP is saying...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You Failed)
    What?

I think you've completely failed to understand what the OP is saying...
    Ach probably... my brain is a little fried atm. Sorry OP!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.