The Student Room Group

IF YOU HAD TO - would you rather propose by text or TSR?

Scroll to see replies

TSR, although I don't know anyone IRL who uses it regularly. So, I'd have to post the thread, then leave my laptop open to that page, so that they came in the room and saw it. It's a bit like renting one of those billboards and proposing like that.

I'd hate to propose by text, what if they didn't get it for ages? I texted my bf Monday, and he didn't turn on his phone til Weds, and even then, only cos I asked him to. :/
Wait, I thought the horse option was a euphemisim for a really well-endowed rugby team
Original post by dungeonkeepr
TSR, although I don't know anyone IRL who uses it regularly. So, I'd have to post the thread, then leave my laptop open to that page, so that they came in the room and saw it. It's a bit like renting one of those billboards and proposing like that.

I'd hate to propose by text, what if they didn't get it for ages? I texted my bf Monday, and he didn't turn on his phone til Weds, and even then, only cos I asked him to. :/

Doesn't that sounds awfully weird to you?
Reply 23
Possibly the most pointless thread I have come across yet.
If you're even thinking about this then you should never get married.
Reply 25
I put text because if I did it over TSR my boyfriend would never find out that I'd proposed which is a pretty important part of getting engaged I think, you know, the other person being aware of the proposal :holmes:
Reply 26
Why would I propose on TSR, what if I accidently pressed anonymous ...
Reply 27
Original post by Yawn11
This would make an interesting movie.

Christina Milian :coma:

Anyway, on topic, probably text...
Original post by LasithMalingaBro.

Original post by LasithMalingaBro.
Alternatively, you can suck off a rugby teams worth of horses (15) and swallow the entire load of all of them.

Text - more personal

TSR - well, there would be a lot bigger after party; and the free rep is always an incentive :awesome:

Surely, the thing that text achieves (personal) could be achieved on TSR by leaving them a Rep Message (different to visitor) or a PM? I think it would be better to do TSR than text, personally. What do you think?

IF YOU HAD TO - which would you rather propose by? Text or TSR?

Alternatively, you can suck off a rugby teams worth of horses (15) and swallow the entire load of all of them.

TSR tbh. :smile:
Original post by DumpOrStay?
Doesn't that sounds awfully weird to you?

Nah, my bf's an idiot. He had it off for the weekend, cos he can't have it at work. Half the time he forgets to take it places or turn it on anyway. Neither one of us makes much effort to communicate by phone, so it doesn't matter to me :smile: The only reason I asked him to turn it on at all was because we needed to sort out a few details on the phone, rather than by email.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending