Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaylafrances)
    what about if a girl's tall?
    i've always wondered
    I think it can be I'm 5'8 and the guy I like is sort of the same height as me I think that's why he's very shy sometimes.

Boys don't seem to like girls taller than them at least we have long legs that lead to a nice bum :bootyshake:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Haha exactly! It's mainly guys my own age who are like "Oh wait...she's not insecure and self hating like those other girls, that means she won't suck my d1ck if I tell her I love her...ABORT MISSION"

Idiots. If all they want is a yes-woman and pussy, they should just buy a realdoll.
    That's fair enough, but some of us do actually like a pair on a girl...so to speak. **** I used to date a girl that shaved her head regularly just for the fun of it. Although she may have also been borderline psychotic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I'm considered 'intimidating' by some boys. But I'm okay with that, as I don't date little boys, I'm more interested in men. :sexface:

Why I'm intimidating:
    I have a very dominant persona
    I'm extremely outgoing and confident
    I'm quite intelligent which puts some morons off
    I'm relatively high maintenance
    I have ridiculously high standards
    I go for men who are older than me
    I'm extremely strong willed

Ah well, being 'intimidating' weeds out the pussies. :awesome:
    You sound like a keeper! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faith01)
    'you don't have to come and confess, were looking for you, we gon' find you' know all the words to it, legendary youtube video :yep:
    lol I want to +rep you but I've run out :emo: I'll do it when I get fresh one tomorrow
    remind me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aisha~~)
    That's fair enough, but some of us do actually like a pair on a girl...so to speak. **** I used to date a girl that shaved her head regularly just for the fun of it. Although she may have also been borderline psychotic
    Bad choice of words there lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flubadiblam)
    I'm guessing that was sarcasm due to the condescending smiley, so care to explain precisely what is wrong with anything I've said?

(Original post by Aisha~~)
    Maybe this is me being slow but what's a 'pair'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverGold)
    So what if you found out later she wasn't sexually experienced as you thought, and she was a virgin would that make her less intimidating.
    Personally this would be much more of a turn on for me.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, my thoughts exactly.

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I'm considered 'intimidating' by some boys. But I'm okay with that, as I don't date little boys, I'm more interested in men. :sexface:

Why I'm intimidating:
    I have a very dominant persona
    I'm extremely outgoing and confident
    I'm quite intelligent which puts some morons off
    I'm relatively high maintenance
    I have ridiculously high standards
    I go for men who are older than me
    I'm extremely strong willed

Ah well, being 'intimidating' weeds out the pussies. :awesome:
    Met many girls that are exactly like what you described:

Selfish
    Stubborn
    Developed early/believe they're "grown up"
    Know it all, stuck up
    BIG listening problem
    Spoilt rotten
    Attractive manner/maybe above average looks
    Get what they want no matter the consequences to others
    +all the things you had in your list

Im sure you're nothing like that and if you are you won't know it or believe it, its just the image your list gave me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foreveranon)
    I would take issue in your "most normal men" ;-) Most teenagers/younger men? Maybe. But by the time you're talking long-term adult relationships most people (male AND female) have realised that it takes equality to make things work long-term. Having a relationship with someone who is "toned-down" to the point they are uncomfortable asserting themselves to their actual partner? Misery-making, to both parties. The quieter partner feels bossed, and quite often reacts passive-aggressively. Might have worked 70 years ago, not so much now.
    Bit of a misunderstanding, mate. I meant 'toned-down' in comparison to women who show the traits I described. I don't want a shy bambi who never talks back, but no dominatrix either who bosses me around. Just a 'normal' girl, if I may use this un-definable and highly subjective term again.

ReputationRep:
    Met many girls that are exactly like what you described:

Selfish Not when in a relationship, can be at other times.
    StubbornDepends, can be.
    Developed early/believe they're "grown up"Lol, I do actually act older than my age, because I don't find what regular teens do to be 'fun'
    Know it all, stuck upDepends on your view, I'd say I was 'knowledgeable'
    BIG listening problemNah, I'm actually a good listener
    Spoilt rottenSome would say so, some wouldn't. That's relative
    Attractive manner/maybe above average looks Not going to lie, I'm not ugly.
    Get what they want no matter the consequences to others Not really.
    +all the things you had in your list

Im sure you're nothing like that and if you are you won't know it or believe it, its just the image your list gave me
    Some are right, some aren't. (see red) Not everyone's cup of tea, some like it some don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Sarcasm doens't transfer well over here. It was in jest, it's not a word I use in my day-to-day vocabulary.
    Don't follow re: the sarcasm?- and I should hope not re: babes doll-snatch!

(Original post by .Ali.)
    Some are right, some aren't. (see red) Not everyone's cup of tea, some like it some don't.
    He's right to suggest a high degree of correlation between some of the attributes you both gave, though this is not limited to women as such

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Add "fun/sociable" to that list. I think you misunderstood the listening problem part lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Those high maintenance always done up chicks ..they're probably intimidating to regular girls too
    They're just not human! I don't know where they find the energy from :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Don't follow re: the sarcasm?- and I should hope not re: babes doll-snatch!

He's right to suggest a high degree of correlation between some of the attributes you both gave, though this is not limited to women as such
    Lulwut to the first part.

There is sometimes a correlation tbh, not always though.

ReputationRep:
    Add "fun/sociable" to that list. I think you misunderstood the listening problem part lol
    Lol I'd describe myself as a 'sociable' person...

How did I?

(Original post by sugar_and_spice)
    They're just not human! I don't know where they find the energy from :confused:
    It's not that difficult. I don't get girls who say that lol, I mean even if I'm not doing anything that day, I still do my hair & makeup and wear a nice outfit. It's just me. Looking a certain way is a constant thing, not an act for when I go outside. Why would it take a lot of energy?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.eosmith.com/images/Galler...hine%20Gun.jpg

this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverGold)
    Guys what makes a girl intimidating?
    I don't mean holding a butchers knife or negative things. If you liked her but ignored her but do that staring thing that you guys do "yes we know you do it out of the corner of our eyes" :ninjagirl:

Girls has a guy ever been intimidated by you before?
    Have you found out later on or by a friend that a guy liked you even though they never told you.

tl;dr version

Guys intimidated by girls?
    Girls has a guy been intimidated by you?
    YES!

I was talking to a guy online who I kind of knew from a party. We talked for a week, and then met each other again at a erm, social gathering. We got on soo well, and I got the impression that he really liked me (and was later told that he infact did). Anyway, we then met up again, and he acted really strange, and kept talking about how tall I was. He then told me on FB that he didn't realise how tall I was at both parties (partly due to the fact I was sat down 99% of the time), and said he felt like he was utterly feminised stood next to me. FML! How I hate being 6'1" :/

EDIT: Oh another time was when I told him I held a certificate saying that I was legal to carry and use 2 rifles, and that I had a 92% accuracy with moving targets haha...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JmJtr)
    Haha, my thoughts exactly.

:facepalm:
    Another one who's intimidated by a confident woman? Your loss tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Lol I'd describe myself as a 'sociable' person...

How did I?

It's not that difficult. I don't get girls who say that lol, I mean even if I'm not doing anything that day, I still do my hair & makeup and wear a nice outfit. It's just me. Looking a certain way is a constant thing, not an act for when I go outside. Why would it take a lot of energy?
    Rarely do what you're told/advised

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.