Turn on thread page Beta

What makes a girl intimidating?? :D watch

ReputationRep:
    someone tried to make me smell his hankie once (i'm sure it had chloroform in it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil)
    Bit of a misunderstanding, mate. I meant 'toned-down' in comparison to women who show the traits I described. I don't want a shy bambi who never talks back, but no dominatrix either who bosses me around. Just a 'normal' girl, if I may use this un-definable and highly subjective term again.
    See, thing is that's fine in itself but I don't think the way you're describing it now is particularly attractive in anyone, male or female so I'm puzzled as why you describe them as "male" traits?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    I don't bother going for girls who are out my league.
    Why there's nothing to lose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverGolden)
    Why do some guys get turned on by virgins the guys in my uni seem to like slutty girls from what I've seen anyway.

Even though people are shocked I'm a virgin maybe I look or act like I'm sexually experienced. :dontknow:
    I dont neccessarily get turned on by a virgin so to speak, but in my ideal future i plan on marrying one. I wont lie and say i dont get turned on by slutty girls but its usually just in the 'i wanna bang her' way. Interms of a serious relationship though i would love to take a girls virginity.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing I dont find intimidating is a ***** shield on full power. Its just down right...*****y? =/

How can I be intimidated by a woman? I aint intimidated by men for a start so its hardly going to work.

ReputationRep:
    The combination of being insanely hot, very loud and devoid of humour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverGolden)
    Why there's nothing to lose?
    Not worth wasting time over. They are not interested, and I don't particularly enjoy humiliating myself in front of people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil)
    Glad I could help Invoice for psychological counselling is in the mail lol

If it's a bad thing depends on your standpoint. Most 'normal' men do not like these traits in women, as they can be quite intimidating, and they prefer more 'toned-down', feminine women. Equally strong/dominant men might enjoy seeing themselves being mirrored by you, but in a relation there would be a lot of friction. Often strong women end up with wussies, who they can boss around - and usually the guys don't even mind; those relationships actually work lol
    In career terms, these traits are absolutely fantastic. People will take you more seriously, listen more closely, and you will more likely get your way.
    I'm classed as intimidating and I'd say I'm 'feminine' in as much as I'm very girly and high maintenance, and not a tomboy at all.

However I agree with most of your post. I'm a very dominant, outgoing, assertive woman and a lot of people my own age pussy out. Older guys don't tend to though, which works well. And I agree about the career part, I think you get taken more seriously if you have a backbone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foreveranon)
    See, thing is that's fine in itself but I don't think the way you're describing it now is particularly attractive in anyone, male or female so I'm puzzled as why you describe them as "male" traits?
    I do so because - save for the last 40 years or so - these traits have been typical for the male gender for some million years. This is still rooted in the conscience of our generation and will probably continue for a couple of generations, until 'true' gender equality has been achieved.
    I did not mean to describe it as attractive traits since the term used by the OP ('intimidating') has a negative connotation as well, so I saw no point in attempting to embellish and glorify these. This does not mean that people (including me) wouldn't adopt them for uni or work.

ReputationRep:
    The fear of rejection. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smallfish)

Thank you I've always felt this way but its just startling to consider my traits as intimidating.... personally I've never given it much thought.
    Yeah, life is tough... I guess my traits are beneficial for my future. But, I can see with what your saying about the relationship being equal. I guess that is something I would want but with my age I find a less "intimidating" (although I disagree with the term) girl would be more agreeable. I take it you share the same traits as I do?
    I've been described as typical Leo ;-) That's bossy, loyal, stubborn and so forth.

If you have someone prepared to call you on it, or if you're with someone who won't snap if they're called on it (or, often, both!) it works just fine. And as my partner and I both lived alone for several years before we moved in together.. believe me, it can be needed. I pull him up if he starts speaking to me like a kid and vice versa. A good relationship isn't being perfect, it's having someone you trust to tell you when you aren't.

ReputationRep:
    I've been told I'm intimidating, that I have a certain 'edge', but I can't think what or why I wouldn't ever describe or think of myself as intimidating!!

ReputationRep:
    is she was bigger than me and had a murderous look on her face.....

that would scare the **** out of me....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexishawks1990)
    I've been told I'm intimidating, that I have a certain 'edge', but I can't think what or why I wouldn't ever describe or think of myself as intimidating!!
    It's that winking kitten you keep carrying around with you

ReputationRep:
    I have been told that I am intimidating due to my height

ReputationRep:
    Two guys told me I was intimidating ha, I dont know if it's a good or a bad thing thouugh...
    The first one said it had something to do with me being so young but mature. I guess it's the attitude... (I really dont think I am intimidating though, just saying, I consider myself rather shy!)

ReputationRep:
    A man who needs more confidence most of the time.

I can't think of anything that intimidates me about any woman I've been with or tried to be with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlepotatoe)
    Two guys told me I was intimidating ha, I dont know if it's a good or a bad thing thouugh...
    The first one said it had something to do with me being so young but mature. I guess it's the attitude... (I really dont think I am intimidating though, just saying, I consider myself rather shy!)
    It may be because you are shy you put a vibe out there but I wouldn't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    excessive body fat and a larey personality.

ReputationRep:
    Girls that a butcher than you.

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/5...awrestling.jpg

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.