Turn on thread page Beta

currently in app process for RAF, couple of Q's. watch

ReputationRep:
    Wonder what kind of training they do on the pre conditioning
    Im guessing alternating strength and cardio
    I hope theres some swimming and cycling thrown in there (anybody know if your allowed to take your bike?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catface)
    Wonder what kind of training they do on the pre conditioning
    Im guessing alternating strength and cardio
    I hope theres some swimming and cycling thrown in there (anybody know if your allowed to take your bike?)
    We were told it's mostly cardio, some boxercise that sort of stuff, and yeah some swimming too with enforced rest days

ReputationRep:
    Sounds pretty boring!

ReputationRep:
    out of interest what do you 2 do for a job at the moment?
    Sorry for late reply, aint logged on all week. I have been working for a high street bank for 5 years, pretty dull TBH. It's very hard work for little personal achievement, every day you are on the go from open until close, your knackered at the end, get spoken to like a piece of **** and I have personally achieved nothing - very demoralising! I have chosen the RAF as a career because I am achieving things with my hard work (such as getting fit to get in, I have personally achieved something that my current job doesn't) How abou you CATFACE??

ReputationRep:
    I'm still awaiting my PRTC dates....... they are apparently waiting for my second reference to come back.... my employers are crap, they have had like 4 bloody weeks! Anyway, will ring the AFCO again today and see if they have had anything back. Fingers crossed xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by For RAF)
    Sorry for late reply, aint logged on all week. I have been working for a high street bank for 5 years, pretty dull TBH. It's very hard work for little personal achievement, every day you are on the go from open until close, your knackered at the end, get spoken to like a piece of **** and I have personally achieved nothing - very demoralising! I have chosen the RAF as a career because I am achieving things with my hard work (such as getting fit to get in, I have personally achieved something that my current job doesn't) How abou you CATFACE??
    Im teaching at the moment, after doing my degree I did a PGCE but I dont enjoy it, too much paperwork and politics.
    I was going to re-train as a personal trainer while I was waiting for my role to open in the RAF, just trying to save up the money to do the PT course

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, ive done my fitness test etc.. but i dont get the bleep test i did it when i was at school, but i cant remember what score i got etc.. and i only cant get the app on the laptop. and i cant run with that lol any tips? and also what is involved in the 3 day selection at halton other than the bleep test? thank you to anyone who can help

ReputationRep:
    do you not have an ipod you can transfer the beep test onto? Thats what I did

ReputationRep:
    I got my dates for PRTC though!! 2 and 3rd of June!! Anyone else on these dates??

Gdannielle - download it off the raf website to your ipod :-) you have the bleep test, 10 press ups (5will pass you) and 32 sit ups (16 will pass you) Good liuck :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by For RAF)
    I got my dates for PRTC though!! 2 and 3rd of June!! Anyone else on these dates??

Gdannielle - download it off the raf website to your ipod :-) you have the bleep test, 10 press ups (5will pass you) and 32 sit ups (16 will pass you) Good liuck :-)
    well done on getting to prtc you will have to keep us updated on how you get on

ReputationRep:
    well done on getting to prtc you will have to keep us updated on how you get on
    Cheers Catface!

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

Thought i'd say hi and introduce myself. I'm currently in the application process too and have my AST tomorrow.

Feeling very nervous but excited at the same time. Really hoping i pass, especially the maths :s Need a high score for my trade apparently. Fingers Crossed.

Where are you all in the process?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2tg)
    Hello everyone,

Thought i'd say hi and introduce myself. I'm currently in the application process too and have my AST tomorrow.

Feeling very nervous but excited at the same time. Really hoping i pass, especially the maths :s Need a high score for my trade apparently. Fingers Crossed.

Where are you all in the process?
    Best of luck! Let us know how you get on. What trade you going for?

I've just passed my final interview and awaiting my intake eek... 4 weeks to go...

ReputationRep:
    Ive got my AST in 2 weeks time dont think i need a very high score for my trade but the practice test I did was tougher than the BARB test I thought

ReputationRep:
    Hmm yeah forgot to mention that... I'm going for photographer. My AST has been re-arranged to next week now. And really! Four weeks will fly! Well done and good luck!

Im gutted my AST has been put back but also relieved in a way so I have an extra week to revise!

I have heard it is harder than the BARB test too catface. Sat it a about 7 years ago but can't remember it in any detail.

ReputationRep:
    Which one did you sit 7 years ago? AST or BARB?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about late reply. I sat both. One to get into the TA and the RAF one as i used to be in full time.

I passed my ast. Did really well! It wasnt too bad. Have my interview next week :-)

good luck every one with your next stage. X

ReputationRep:
    I dont get it, you were in the TA, then in the RAF for 7 years then left, now you want to go back in?

ReputationRep:
    hi, i need first hand info on the pti prtc . i really want to join as a pti and i really need to know whats whats expeded of you. i know its on the site but i want to hear it from someone , i need as much info as possible on how becoming a pti pleaseee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaneD598)
    hi, i need first hand info on the pti prtc . i really want to join as a pti and i really need to know whats whats expeded of you. i know its on the site but i want to hear it from someone , i need as much info as possible on how becoming a pti pleaseee
    You've been told what the School of PTIs expects of you as a minimum entry requirement, why would other people tell you anything different?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.