Turn on thread page Beta

currently in app process for RAF, couple of Q's. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    You've been told what the School of PTIs expects of you as a minimum entry requirement, why would other people tell you anything different?
    yes but if you read my post i want to hear it from someone shos done it , get off my back your not my dad
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    You have to pass the tests set - not anyone else. It doesn't matter whether anyone else did them, flunked them, sailed through. None of that changes your performance.

Try asking questions if you have any - they might not be as specific as you think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaneD598)
    yes but if you read my post i want to hear it from someone shos done it , get off my back your not my dad
    Oh dear...

I'm going to try and be nice - others won't bother.

As far as I'm aware, there are no serving PTIs from any of the Forces on this board, you should consider yourself lucky that you have come to a place which does have current and ex-RAF pers [both tradesmen and officers] who are willing to give up their spare time to share their considerable knowledge with wannabes, some of whom are less than grateful.... So far you've benefited from this knowledge, been directed to links to specific requirements, had people's experiences of PTIs explained to you and generally been given the best info you could hope to from the people here. I should also warn on two things; 1- people from RAF recruiting -all stages- can and do look at this place. If you think you're not easily recognisable to them you're insane. 2- one of the more regular members here is a DI from Halton. Someone you do not wish to be on the wrong side of.

If you're wanting more specifics than you think you're getting from here I suggest you go either to the e-goat forum, or that you get in touch with your AFCO and ask them to arrange a station visit and talk to the PTIs in person.

Oh, and don't be a ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Oh dear...

I'm going to try and be nice - others won't bother.

As far as I'm aware, there are no serving PTIs from any of the Forces on this board, you should consider yourself lucky that you have come to a place which does have current and ex-RAF pers [both tradesmen and officers] who are willing to give up their spare time to share their considerable knowledge with wannabes, some of whom are less than grateful.... So far you've benefited from this knowledge, been directed to links to specific requirements, had people's experiences of PTIs explained to you and generally been given the best info you could hope to from the people here. I should also warn on two things; 1- people from RAF recruiting -all stages- can and do look at this place. If you think you're not easily recognisable to them you're insane. 2- one of the more regular members here is a DI from Halton. Someone you do not wish to be on the wrong side of.

If you're wanting more specifics than you think you're getting from here I suggest you go either to the e-goat forum, or that you get in touch with your AFCO and ask them to arrange a station visit and talk to the PTIs in person.

Oh, and don't be a ****.
    okay thanks , an i not being a **** i just wanted some more advice from another source theres nothing wrong with that, ye an its nice to see what you really think of us people asking you questions , "wannabes" and its your choice to be on here so dont say it like your giving up your time against your own will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaneD598)
    okay thanks , an i not being a **** i just wanted some more advice from another source theres nothing wrong with that.
    Trying to gather information from various sources is commendable and shows you are taking your application seriously... but you did come across as a ****.
    Knowing when you are wrong, when you should apologise and when you should stfu is a valuable life skill which quite a few people seem to lack these days.

Just saying.

Edit 2 add
    its your choice to be on here so dont say it like your giving up your time against your own will.
    A lot of the members of this forum have contributed a huge amount of time and effort to helping people like you and I with their applications... I have no doubt that there are a number of serving personnel who owe their careers in part to the comments left by them so how about you show them a little less attitude and a little more respect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacet)
    Trying to gather information from various sources is commendable and shows you are taking your application seriously... but you did come across as a ****.
    Knowing when you are wrong, when you should apologise and when you should stfu is a valuable life skill which quite a few people seem to lack these days.

Just saying.

Edit 2 add

A lot of the members of this forum have contributed a huge amount of time and effort to helping people like you and I with their applications... I have no doubt that there are a number of serving personnel who owe their careers in part to the comments left by them so how about you show them a little less attitude and a little more respect?
    Totally agree with you Jacet.........especially the life skill comment. Some people just dont know when they are getting good advice......never mind, maybe they will learn how to take advice when they come to visit me for PRTC......and yes people are recognisable from their posts on here

ReputationRep:
    okay guys thanks an sorry .

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.