Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    basically i think that... boys move on a lot faster from liking someone/being in relationship than girls do... WHY?

sorry if i am generalising here!

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe they appear to move on faster, probably because generally guys show less emotion/are less emotional than women.

ReputationRep:
    Short attention span?

ReputationRep:
    Yup i've noticed that too.

ReputationRep:
    Generally speaking women seem to invest a lot more emotional energy into a relationship than a guy does. For them the relationship is their world, it almost comes to define them after a while. For a lot of guys, I think that while a relationship is undoubtedly important, it's not the centre of their universe in quite the same way (witness how much girls talk about their bfs with friends and vice versa - men basically don't change as far as I can tell). Also there is the argument that men aren't really supposed to be monogamous creatures anyway so perhaps there is a biological explanation.

ReputationRep:
    relationships come and go but a shag's a shag

ReputationRep:
    Data please? Sample number? Location of sample taken? etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lalala1)
    basically i think that... boys move on a lot faster from liking someone/being in relationship than girls do... WHY?

sorry if i am generalising here!
    Because of how the male brain is different from the female brain. Men do not need to be in relationships or get emotionally attached as we are 'wired to kill' and 'spread our seed'. Women on the other hand do not have this luxury as they get stuck with a kid for nine months therefore they have to become attached to their partner.

ReputationRep:
    He's not that in to you.

ReputationRep:
    I beleive you are generalising

ReputationRep:
    Because guys are practical and don't like wasting time playing games like "catch me if you can".
    So for guys "if you won't be my girl, I will get someone else", easy! :cool:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.