Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    I went for a chat yesterday for the MA PP Editing. Ideally I'd like to speak to current students to get their opinions. Have any of you managed to speak to any current students? Please let me know because currently I am studying at LCC, London and the course is super disappointing and I don't want to get my fingers burnt again and spend lots of money for a poor quality course. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phug)
    Hello
    I went for a chat yesterday for the MA PP Editing. Ideally I'd like to speak to current students to get their opinions. Have any of you managed to speak to any current students? Please let me know because currently I am studying at LCC, London and the course is super disappointing and I don't want to get my fingers burnt again and spend lots of money for a poor quality course. Thanks
    I haven't spoken to any current students but the media school has a pretty good reputation. What you get out of it really depends on what you're willing to put in... if that makes any sense.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I've got on to the PP in Editing for this Sep 2011. I was wondering if any UK students know anything about funding? There seems to be a distinct lack of funding for the arts (surprise) where MAs are concerned. Any info would be useful. I have looked on the gov website and fundfinder and the ACHR.
    thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phug)
    Hi all,
    I've got on to the PP in Editing for this Sep 2011. I was wondering if any UK students know anything about funding? There seems to be a distinct lack of funding for the arts (surprise) where MAs are concerned. Any info would be useful. I have looked on the gov website and fundfinder and the ACHR.
    thanks in advance

I also just got in and struggling to find anything decent sources for funding. Most places are telling to look into personal development loans from retail banks.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone out there met any problems when applying for registration as an MA PP Editing student at BU? It has been three whole months since I sent my application and I still have not received a letter of acceptance which I really need to get a scholarship. Is it because I am a foreign student? I have a BA (hons) degree (not in media) but worked for the last two years in video/film editing. I don 't know what to think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marcus82)
    Has anyone out there met any problems when applying for registration as an MA PP Editing student at BU? It has been three whole months since I sent my application and I still have not received a letter of acceptance which I really need to get a scholarship. Is it because I am a foreign student? I have a BA (hons) degree (not in media) but worked for the last two years in video/film editing. I don 't know what to think!
    Call them up! Maybe your application got misplaced.

ReputationRep:
    I have sent several emails. Received all kinds of excuses. But if my application was misplaced shouldn't I have been informed and asked to resend the application? I just cannot understand.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.