Turn on thread page Beta

Any ideas for a flexible job during the summer? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone knew of any flexible jobs?

I'm looking to save up for my own car which will probably be cheaper in the long run as my mum & dad both have mini coopers... and I just want my own car, haha. I haven't passed my driving test yet (I actually haven't taken any lessons yet, although I'm really 20! oops!)

The job would have to be quite flexible though (maybe 2 days a week?) because I already have a part time job (sunday, monday, saturday) going to Egypt for 2 weeks & Rockness for the weekend... but so far that's all I have planned for summer (Which is like 5 months long for my uni!)

I was thinking along the lines of working in a call centre (where would I look for such jobs though? I live in Glasgow) or a bar. Nothing that requires a lot of energy because my current job is quite stressful really.

Anyone have any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Prostitution.

Yoga instructor, I hear they're pretty flexible.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks... :/

You're welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Any sensible replies?

ReputationRep:
    Lemonade stand?

ReputationRep:
    you guys make me chuckle.

ReputationRep:
    Some kind of seasonal work at somewhere like one of those National Trust houses?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    take anything you can get. i don't think you can be picky in this climate- it's hard enough to get any job! your best bet is a supermarket or call centre- just send your cv around or look online

ReputationRep:
    A call centre job would be good for you. Its rota - based and you just choose your shifts

ReputationRep:
    School uniform shops are fantastic for summer jobs. They recruit especially for summer, as its their busiest time.. the smaller ones will take on part time staff for summer, the bigger ones (one I worked at last year) took on five full time shop girls over summer.
    There's lots of chance for overtime if you want it (Going to school open nights, big order days etc)

However, as the jobs are good, there's quite a bit of demand for them, and so the wages aren't great. I got paid minimum wage last year, but as minimum wage for an 18 year old is around £185 for a weeks work.. not terrible for a summer job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobies.)
    School uniform shops are fantastic for summer jobs. They recruit especially for summer, as its their busiest time.. the smaller ones will take on part time staff for summer, the bigger ones (one I worked at last year) took on five full time shop girls over summer.
    There's lots of chance for overtime if you want it (Going to school open nights, big order days etc)

However, as the jobs are good, there's quite a bit of demand for them, and so the wages aren't great. I got paid minimum wage last year, but as minimum wage for an 18 year old is around £185 for a weeks work.. not terrible for a summer job.
    Ah! Cool I was actually looking at a job like this in a school shop buts its administrative assistant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    Ah! Cool I was actually looking at a job like this in a school shop buts its administrative assistant?
    I think it'll be a good match to what you're looking for,
    go for it

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.