Turn on thread page Beta

"Nicola Mclean admits she has an eating disorder" watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...m-healthy.html

I don't even know who she is or why she's "famous", but I think it's disgusting that she's going public with such a traumatising illness and actively saying she's going to do nothing about it. What sort of role model does this make her?! It's almost as if she's making it out to be a life choice rather than a mental illness. :mad: Very insulting to people going through an eating disorder.

Also, the fact that the Mail states her weight is equally as damaging to people with body issues.

Rant over; I just needed to vent my frustration.

ReputationRep:
    er her weight and height seem healthy to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paella)
    Starving yourself and living on Diet Coke don't sound consistent to health to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by briesandwich)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...m-healthy.html

I don't even know who she is or why she's "famous", but I think it's disgusting that she's going public with such a traumatising illness and actively saying she's going to do nothing about it. What sort of role model does this make her?! It's almost as if she's making it out to be a life choice rather than a mental illness. :mad: Very insulting to people going through an eating disorder.

Also, the fact that the Mail states her weight is equally as damaging to people with body issues.

Rant over; I just needed to vent my frustration.
    "McLean conceded that if it wasn't for her surgically-enhanced 32G breasts, she would have 'the figure of a 12-year-old boy'"

It's OK because I got tits!

Because she fits a modern image of "hot" so will live on Diet Coke to remain that way. :rolleyes:

I thought the same thing as you when I read the story, OP. I have no idea who she is and she is not a role model, but why publish the story if she's not even trying to get help? It's setting a bad example to impressionable young people (female and MALE) by perpetuating (even, normalizing) the idea that the body of a 12 yo boy with massive breasts is something to aspire to.

Is it surprising that so many young girls want to become glamour models and WAGs?
    Has a woman nothing to offer the world beyond the way she looks?

ReputationRep:
    She called her sons 'Rocky' and 'Striker'- I think the eating disorder is the least of her problems.

ReputationRep:
    For those who don't know who she is: she's a "glamour model" (allegedly) from Peterborough, who is married to one of the football team.
    I only know because she used to live near me. -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blu tack)
    She called her son 'Striker'- I think the eating disorder is the least of her problems.
    Hopefully he'll attract lots of WAG wannabes, just like daddy!

ReputationRep:
    It's almost as if she'd been out of the public eye a little too long and had to come up with something for attention

(If that is the case, she's an absoloute idiot)

ReputationRep:
    She said: 'I'm not ready to conquer this yet.

ReputationRep:
    Healthy weight doesn't mean you're going to be healthy.

ReputationRep:
    and she is who exactly?

ReputationRep:
    Who is she?

I read an article where it said that she 'loved the drama' of anorexia.. if that is so (again, I have no idea who she is) its bad to glamourise the illness. Of course she is under a lot of stress with her mother having cancer, and looking after her.. but someone needs to look after Nicola and give her some love and a good meal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posietoes)
    It's almost as if she'd been out of the public eye a little too long and had to come up with something for attention

(If that is the case, she's an absoloute idiot)
    "Bizarrely, she also posed topless in the accompanying photoshoot for the magazine"

Exactly, smacks just a bit of attention-whoring to me. Fair enough, eating disorders are horrible and incredibly difficult to get over, but how is announcing your weight and eating habits to the nation going to help? It's not even like "I struggled with an eating disorder but now I'm getting help and I want to encourage others to do the same". She's just saying "Yeah I don't eat."

ReputationRep:
    1 - if you take away the weight those fake boobs add, you'd get her "real" weight.
    2 - Eating nothing, and just drinking cofee and coke is not healty.

ReputationRep:
    mcLean hahaha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.