Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BSMS vs Peninsula watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I've received medicine offers from BSMS and Peninsula and I'm trying to decide which one to firm.

I would really appreciate any thoughts from students who are attending these two medical schools and any pros/cons the schools have. I suppose the biggest difference is the different course structure, with PCMD being PBL and BSMS being intergrated. I'd like to know any differences from studying at Exeter or Plymouth for all those PCMD students!

Thanks in advance!

Pantalome

ReputationRep:
    Hey congrats on the offers!!

Did you go to look at both med schools??
    I have to say I was really impressed with BSMS until I went to peninsula, they are both very personal and friendly, though peninsula is in a way nicer location and has better campuses.

I know I'm not at med school, but I've done tonnes of research into peninsula and I also applied to BSMS so I know quite a bit.
    They course are fairly similar tbh apart from PMS using slightly less lectures and using PBL instead. Although BSMS do dissection which I think is fun. PMS still teach anatomy well just without dissection, the teaching techniques used by both are exactly the same really (medical imaging etc etc), you can still do dissection in your own time if you want at PMS with a surgeon and also can go to Bristol to do dissection.

I have a fair few friends at PMS and they don't really have any cons for it, one of the major cons is usually that if someone comes from a city they find that the southwest is a little small for them, but if like me you come from a town then it's no different really. Nightlife wise Brighton is better though I've heard amazing things about Plymouth!!

Tbh they are very similar the only difference being that one uses pbl, so just decide which method you prefer.

Here's some links for pros and cons of Peninsula:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

BSMS only have like a really small one link 1

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.