Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    Yes he was at that rally but what has he said that is racist. You can't brand someone or a group of people as racist unless you can find proof or evidence to support that.
    well he shakes hands with the leader, and from what I remember he applauds them... I may be wrong however.

edit: here is a video of griffin sort of blaming racial tension and hatred on black people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsnSZ...eature=related

"Black men aren't very clever".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UpsidedownLandMan)
    [journalist voice] How do you respond to allegations that your candidates are a bunch of Quran burning racist tossers?
    Probably just a Jewish - Zionist - Internationalist Marxist conspiracy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mevidek)
    well he shakes hands with the leader, and from what I remember he applauds them... I may be wrong however.

edit: here is a video of griffin sort of blaming racial tension and hatred on black people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsnSZ...eature=related

"Black men aren't very clever".
    Fair enough. That one quote touches on racism but the rest of the video is more him being a bigoted idiot rather than actually being racist. Its hard to come to a conclusion on this because their policies don't like actually racist but I suspect under the scenes they could be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    Fair enough. That one quote touches on racism but the rest of the video is more him being a bigoted idiot rather than actually being racist. Its hard to come to a conclusion on this because their policies don't like actually racist but I suspect under the scenes they could be.
    I wouldn't call him an idiot, because he clearly isn't, it's just quite frankly, he is scum. The very bottom of society, those who, if they didn't exist, the world would be a better place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evangelica)
    My only point is (if poorly explained) is that one shouldn't behave any old way and then label yourself something. Ie to walk around farting, with a bright orange glow, top to toe in fake Burberry with a heavy cockney accent and then call yourself "posh" is a bit ridiculous isn't it?
    And my point is that fundamentalist Christians have very good knowledge of the Bible, and came to a different conclusion than you. Who are you to say they are any less Christian, shouldn't that be up to God?

The whole argument is absurd anyway, there is no absolute source, no "God," from which the Bible was drawn. It was written by men, flawed, ignorant, backward men. Just because you interpret their bulls**t one certain way doesn't mean it is the correct way.

ReputationRep:
    The topic TSR BNP keep it that way. If you like to ask me any questions feel free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    250k in UK? Daily Mail said it costs 1 million :eek: I feel lied too :cry:
    O rly? 250k is the standard quoted figure from 3-4 yrs ago. Maybe it's increased.

Your fault for believing the DM!

ReputationRep:
    My friend phoned the BNP and said she would like to join the party. They said sure, but she'll have to answer a few questions. She said that she was passionate about Britain and British people, and that she hated the immigrants being allowed to take jobs from British workers and collapsing our economy. They said everything was fine - she would be allowed to join the party. She, however, decided to tell them that although her family was British and she looked British, she was of Jewish descent. They hung up.
    How can anybody support this racism? Please tell me, because I just can't understand it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wucker)
    And my point is that fundamentalist Christians have very good knowledge of the Bible, and came to a different conclusion than you. Who are you to say they are any less Christian, shouldn't that be up to God?

The whole argument is absurd anyway, there is no absolute source, no "God," from which the Bible was drawn. It was written by men, flawed, ignorant, backward men. Just because you interpret their bulls**t one certain way doesn't mean it is the correct way.
    Oh you're really not understanding me - I'm not trying to interpret anything that's the point.I'm saying if you don't try to take passages out and look at the concept of it as a whole, it's based on sacrifice out of love. I'm not trying debating, it's not something that Christians argue. To be technically classed as a Christian you have to believe that or you're something else lol. No need to be rude, it doesn't help your argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evangelica)
    Oh you're really not understanding me - I'm not trying to interpret anything that's the point.I'm saying if you don't try to take passages out and look at the concept of it as a whole, it's based on sacrifice out of love. I'm not trying debating, it's not something that Christians argue. To be technically classed as a Christian you have to believe that or you're something else lol. No need to be rude, it doesn't help your argument.
    '
    ...and they would say that their own interpretation of Christianity is based on love as well. It is so incredibly arrogant of you to cut out entire swaths of the Christian populace for disagreeing with you.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Dave Davidson)
    The topic TSR BNP keep it that way. If you like to ask me any questions feel free
    I have a question.

What will this party bring to the MHoC other than racism and million page long heated arguments?

ReputationRep:
    If you claim that we should stop immigrants taking jobs for British people, why do you think it is right that a less qualified person gets a job just because he's British, and that an immigrant doesn't get the job, even if he is far more qualified?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mevidek)
    I didn't know about Urdu and viceroy, but the thing is he was against immigration, and the intergration of all cultures.

Anyway, the BNP are racist because they single out immigrants and foreigners.
    As much as I disagree with the BNP I'm not sure it's right to label all of their supporters.
    Just look at this video:

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If the BNP stop immigration then there goes our engineering, manufacturing and oil & gas sectors...

ReputationRep:
    Then why were we a much more successful Nation 50 years ago? BEFORE the advent of mass immigration....
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by baldwin123)
    Then why were we a much more successful Nation 50 years ago? BEFORE the advent of mass immigration....
    Is this in reply to me?

To blame the general degredation of the Western concentration of power on mass immigration is so utterly simplistic it hurts. Why not blame it on the advent of fromage frais in a tube or The Powerpuff Girls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wucker)
    '
    ...and they would say that their own interpretation of Christianity is based on love as well. It is so incredibly arrogant of you to cut out entire swaths of the Christian populace for disagreeing with you.
    I'm not trying to be arrogant, and It's not got anything to do with disagreeing on me. Hating people based on skin colour just doesn't tally up - which entire swaths of the Christian populace are racist? I'm not cutting them out but an interracial heaven would be a bit of a problem then, right? I don't get how that interpretation would be based on love...and it's not so much interpreting something that suggests they should be racist, it's being racist and asserting that they're Christian regardless.

It's incredibly arrogant of you to make assumptions about what I'm saying and try to teach me Christianity when you evidently either don't understand that what I'm saying is only an opinion, which last time I checked it was fine to have, and your understandings of Christianity is likely limited. It's like Sheldon trying to teach Koothrapali about Hinduism on the Big Bang Theory.

ReputationRep:
    What a load of tosh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by csea)
    My friend phoned the BNP and said she would like to join the party. They said sure, but she'll have to answer a few questions. She said that she was passionate about Britain and British people, and that she hated the immigrants being allowed to take jobs from British workers and collapsing our economy. They said everything was fine - she would be allowed to join the party. She, however, decided to tell them that although her family was British and she looked British, she was of Jewish descent. They hung up.
    How can anybody support this racism? Please tell me, because I just can't understand it.
    Though on the other hand, I can never understand why immigrants (whether they are "new" or are 10th generation) can hold views like that. Hypocritical if you ask me - I'm sure if there was a party like the BNP in power back when they decided to move to Britain they'd be the first to complain about how terrible they are.

Of course, I'm not expecting them to support unlimited immigration, but there are already many restrictions in place, and supporting a zero immigration (or forced emigration depending on the mood of the day or whether they are trying to pander to the right of their party or get broader support) party just seems hypocritical and selfish to me.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.