Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baldwin123)
    Then why were we a much more successful Nation 50 years ago? BEFORE the advent of mass immigration....
    Please define success in your own words

ReputationRep:
    I despair sometimes at the levels of immigration to this country, but I also hate most of the British who have become decadent work-shy lobotomised infantalised *******s. I'm emigrating to East Europe as soon as I can - the beer is good, the vodka is better, the women are smart and elegant, and the recent history of the region mean that people value the simple things in life, appreciate what they have, and still have a bright vision of their future and worthy goals to strive towards.

That is all.

na zdorowia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevR94)
    So the BNP havent said that they will deport anbody not of English heritage?
    Correct. Read their manifesto rather than making assumptions and allowing yourself to believe whatever the bbc and or norfolkadam want you to believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mevidek)
    haha, not being kicked out, rather given financial support? I don't think deportation does that lol. (this is as far as I know)
    They wouldn't deport any british citizens; end of story. They've said that. They would continue to deport illegal immigrants. Perhaps that's what you're getting confused about?

Well how would those doctors who are needed be trained if they were not allowed in?
    The whole point is that they'd train british people, ie people who already have british citizenship. Instead of relying on other nations education systems to provide us with trainee doctors, we'd actually have to make our secondary schools work so that we could create our own. None of this would happen over night and I'm sure they're aware of this as much as anyone else.

One of your policies is also to stop immigration indefinitely.
    This is NOT my policy. I'm not from the bnp or anything like that, I'm just pointing out that some of their positions aren't as crazy as you seem to have been led to believe.

If you want to know about them for sure, don't just rely on what you've heard from your parents/friends/the bbc/other TSRers (including me); actually read their manifesto for yourself.

Well it is. You are singling out those who don't have UK citizenship, even if they need it desperately.
    You think it's racist to deny anyone entry to the uk? I think you need to realise that there's a difference between nationality and race. Countries have the right to police their own borders. That's practically the defining feature of a country, no one (except perhaps you?) is calling this into question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evangelica)
    I'm not trying to be arrogant, and It's not got anything to do with disagreeing on me. Hating people based on skin colour just doesn't tally up - which entire swaths of the Christian populace are racist? I'm not cutting them out but an interracial heaven would be a bit of a problem then, right? I don't get how that interpretation would be based on love...and it's not so much interpreting something that suggests they should be racist, it's being racist and asserting that they're Christian regardless.

It's incredibly arrogant of you to make assumptions about what I'm saying and try to teach me Christianity when you evidently either don't understand that what I'm saying is only an opinion, which last time I checked it was fine to have, and your understandings of Christianity is likely limited. It's like Sheldon trying to teach Koothrapali about Hinduism on the Big Bang Theory.
    I'm not making any assumptions about you or Christianity. The fact of the matter is that the Bible is a book, different people will read it and come away with different things. I do not believe that anybody can really say whether or not anyone else is a "true" Christian. To do so would be presumptuous.

Also, "what I'm saying is only an opinion, which last time I checked it was fine to have" - no s**t Sherlock. Just because I disagree with what you are saying doesn't mean I'm implying you have no right to say it.

Finally, I've read the Bible, and I wasn't particularly impressed. I did come away, though, with an acute understanding of how things like slavery or warfare could be justified through Christianity.

"You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance."
    - Leviticus 25:44-46

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants"
    - Deuteronomy 13:13-19

Yeah, yeah, I know, you are going to claim they were taken out of context, translated improperly, only applied to specific historical times, blah, blah, blah...

...but some Christians disagree, and, with quotes like this, who can blame them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    As much as I disagree with the BNP I'm not sure it's right to label all of their supporters.
    Just look at this video:

yeah I do know understand that they are not all racists, but to put it bluntly, their supporters are, please forgive the term, in many ways scum.

ReputationRep:
    yeah I do know understand that they are not all racists, but to put it bluntly, their supporters are, please forgive the term, in many ways scum.
    That's not very helpful; calling people scum is silly. Just because they disagree with you. I disagree with many people but I don't label them as scum.

ReputationRep:
    This thread makes me feel ill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinball_heart)
    This thread makes me feel ill.
    Thats just silly. There has not been one racist or even close to racist remark so I believe you are saying that just to fit in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave Davidson)
    Thats just silly. There has not been one racist or even close to racist remark so I believe you are saying that just to fit in.
    Fit in with all the non-racists?
    Just check my profile, Life Plan C.

ReputationRep:
    Fit in with all the non-racists?
    Just check my profile, Life Plan C.
    *yawns* whatever. Until you
    can prove That I and my party are racist then you be quiet

ReputationRep:
    *yawns* whatever. Until you
    can prove That I and my party are racist then you be quiet
    The fact that you can deny that they are racist is astounding.
    I am, as my passport says; BRITISH, I am a Christian, I am white... but because I have foreign parents I get put into one of those statistics on the manifesto.
    Under their power would they deny me service under the NHS because of my parents?! No, because technically I'm British.
    The whole manifesto in general ****s me off royally.
    The truth is, if you met me, you wouldn't have a problem with me, because I'm a working class girl from Birmingham, then if my parents came along you'd grow an automatic dislike towards not only them but me.
    'Disgusting' doesn't even cover it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wucker)
    I'm not making any assumptions about you or Christianity. The fact of the matter is that the Bible is a book, different people will read it and come away with different things. I do not believe that anybody can really say whether or not anyone else is a "true" Christian. To do so would be presumptuous.

Also, "what I'm saying is only an opinion, which last time I checked it was fine to have" - no s**t Sherlock. Just because I disagree with what you are saying doesn't mean I'm implying you have no right to say it.

Finally, I've read the Bible, and I wasn't particularly impressed. I did come away, though, with an acute understanding of how things like slavery or warfare could be justified through Christianity.

"You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance."
    - Leviticus 25:44-46

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants"
    - Deuteronomy 13:13-19

Yeah, yeah, I know, you are going to claim they were taken out of context, translated improperly, only applied to specific historical times, blah, blah, blah...

...but some Christians disagree, and, with quotes like this, who can blame them?
    I'm not blaming them. Perhaps I didn't phrase myself clearly enough. It's less a case of me ignorantly stating that -"They are not really Christian" and more of a case of me thinking "I don't really believe that they're Christian". I'm dubious about it, that's all. I'm irritatingly going to point out that those are both pre-Christianity Old Testament books but meh it doesn't really matter. Of course you can read it like that, as a Lit student, I'm pretty much used to taking quotes out of things and making them mean what I want them to haha either way, of course we don't have to agree, and I can see your point of view, but can you see why I would be dubious about BNP Christians at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    That's not very helpful; calling people scum is silly. Just because they disagree with you. I disagree with many people but I don't label them as scum.
    I'm not calling them scum because I disagree with them. I am calling them scum because they are literally, at the bottom of the social spectrum. Those who the world would in many ways be better without.

I am not calling them all scum, just the vast majority.

ReputationRep:
    I am, as my passport says; BRITISH, I am a Christian, I am white... but because I have foreign parents I get put into one of those statistics on the manifesto.
    Under their power would they deny me service under the NHS because of my parents?! No, because technically I'm British.
    The truth is, if you met me, you wouldn't have a problem with me, because I'm a working class girl from Birmingham, then if my parents came along you'd grow an automatic dislike towards not only them but me.
    Nothing but assumptions there and guess what, there are all wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evangelica)
    I'm not blaming them. Perhaps I didn't phrase myself clearly enough. It's less a case of me ignorantly stating that -"They are not really Christian" and more of a case of me thinking "I don't really believe that they're Christian". I'm dubious about it, that's all. I'm irritatingly going to point out that those are both pre-Christianity Old Testament books but meh it doesn't really matter. Of course you can read it like that, as a Lit student, I'm pretty much used to taking quotes out of things and making them mean what I want them to haha either way, of course we don't have to agree, and I can see your point of view, but can you see why I would be dubious about BNP Christians at all?
    I can see why you would disagree with their opinions, of course.

What I am unable to comprehend is the cognitive dissidence required to make any claims in regards to how Christian other people are. As a literary student, you understand that books can be viewed through multiple lenses, that people get different things out of reading them, and the Bible is just a book, after all. There is no absolute truth behind it, no correct analysis, no wizard up in the sky dictating how it should be read. It is all absurd to me, frankly.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not calling them scum because I disagree with them. I am calling them scum because they are literally, at the bottom of the social spectrum. Those who the world would in many ways be better without.

I am not calling them all scum, just the vast majority.
    Why though?

ReputationRep:
    So trying to be dramatic about having foreign parents the BNP has foreign members who are 100% non English so im unsure why youre trying to say the BNP would dislike you.

ReputationRep:
    Why though?
    Low expectations of others, mocking those who speak marginally better than them, using violence in protesting, etc.

ReputationRep:
    :lol:

"I'm not saying they are all bad, but one thing I know for sure is that they are SCUM!!!!!!111

Ok, whatever you say...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.