Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hey guys, I've just accepted Sheffield as my firm choice but have no idea whether to pick Endcliffe or Ranmoor as my accommodation.
    I like that Ranmoor's rooms all have ensuite, and all the buildings are new, but I'm worried it's not as lively as Endcliffe, and might be a bit... well, boring.
    Any advice would be much appreciated

Most people go to the new part of Enflciffe, and also Ranmoor is a bit further away, but it still looks good. You could choose Endlciffe self-catering (en-suite) and you then choose type of room as your priority (I think that way you should definitely get a room with an en-suite).

Check this thread out: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1575981.

From personal experience.

+ Far bigger, so there's more people to potentially meet
    + The Edge, which is the village bar/venue/cafe is bigger and holds more events than the Ridge, Ranmoor's equivalent.
    + Has a field, good for football or other recreational sports and chilling out in the summer
    + Has it's own Taxi rank
    + Slightly closer to the Uni
    + More facilities, such as Endcliffe Lounge, which is an additional pub

- Noisier, there's more people, so after nights out there's more people coming back who collectively make more noise.
    - ***** of a hill to climb in order to get to the nearest shops

+ Quieter, if you like that sort of thing
    + It's newer, so the quality of the rooms are better, smells nicer, too
    + Building on this, in Ranmoor, a 11 person flat has a kitchen twice the size of a 10 person flat in Endcliffe, and a 6 person flat in Ranmoor has a slightly smaller kitchen than the 10 in Endcliffe
    + Has a more 'natural' look to it.

- It's further away from the Uni
    - The Ridge is a lot quieter than the Edge
    - Doesn't host as many events as Endcliffe
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.