Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxiKillxXx)
    ''In my eyes''- yes indeed in your eyes. not in the truth

One of the bombers Mohammad Siddique Khan ''In 1999 he came under the influence of radical Muslim cleric Abdullah el-Faisal.[2]''

Germaine Lindsay was a black convert and ''Lindsay was a violent, racist, drug dealer in Huddersfield prior to his conversion to Islam: "He thought all white people were trash and said he was going to get them all on drugs to kill them off." [3]''

Also, those surveys are hugely biased.

And yes my holy book calls for it, in MUSLIM countries, like I said MOST muslims dont give two damsn about what u got here
    So? They came under the influence of a non-British born Muslim, that doesn't mean they weren't second and third generation, does it? That means we are no safer from second or third generation Muslims than we are first generation Muslims. How does your holy book define a Muslim land? I thought it was pretty cut and shut that anywhere that had Muslims living in it for a substantial amount of time automatically became a Muslim land, and that it was a good Muslims duty to campaign and fight for such things. The surveys which you call biased take a sample from every age and gender evenly across Britain, they are capable of predicting within one or two points the entire make up of our parliament before elections, so the idea that they are biased is a laughable excuse. You do realise that just because something disagrees with your extremely biased perception of the world does not make it instantly biased in itself, don't you?

ReputationRep:
    I can see some ignorant users of TSR are continually posting threads about Shariah law, how muslims want to implement it and how the Muslim birth rate is a danger to Britain.

Have you never noticed that the second generation Muslims (so those born in the UK to parents from abroad) are much more socially acclimatised to the UK culture? So therefore a large majority would not agree with Shariah Law and are less strict in following their religion.

the ONLY people who would be passionate in their support for Shariah law are those Muslims who are on temporary visas here and have been schooled in Islamic schools all over the world. OR this new wave of black muslim converts who come from criminal backgrounds.

PS: I am Muslim who agrees with Shariah law in our own countries, I don't give two damns about what law there is here, thats up to you British people to decide.
    You're just as bad as the people you're complaining about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathematicsKiller)
    Wikipedia says otherwise. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia#Justice

In accordance with the Qur'an and several hadith, theft is punished by imprisonment or amputation of hands.[117] Several requirements are in place for the amputation of hands, they are:
    There must have been criminal intent to take private (not common) property.
    The theft must not have been the product of hunger, necessity, or duress.
    The goods stolen must: be over a minimum value, not haraam, and not owned by the thief's family.
    Goods must have been taken from custody (i.e. not in a public place).
    There must be reliable witnesses.

In accordance with hadith, stoning to death is the penalty for married men and women who commit adultery.
    It says the theft must not have been the product of hunger. It also says the goods stolen must be over a minimum value (One dinar, roughly £100).

Unless you stealthily broke into Michael Jackson's house at night to steal his antique ceremonial loaf of bread made out of solid gold or something, you're not going to get your hands cut off for stealing a loaf of bread.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it will actually override the laws of this country any time soon. However, possibly, with the birth rate of Muslims and through da'wah, Non-Muslims may convert. As was the case for Indonesia, though I realise it isn't part of an Islaamic state.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    You clearly didn't read the article either. If someone is reliant on stealing to survive they are exempt from any punishment, including prison. If you're going to be sarcastic at least be informed about it.
    You haven't even given us an article in this thread that I can see. Also your claim that half a dinar, which is the minimum amount you have to steal to lose a hand, would be the value of a car today is rubbish. It could buy you a shield when Mohammed was alive. So now the equivalent would probably be a HDTV.

ReputationRep:
    The ONLY people who would be passionate in their support for Shariah law are those Muslims who are on temporary visas here and have been schooled in Islamic schools all over the world
    Google: 7/7 bombers. Nuff said?

Derp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    The thread title makes "Shariah Law" sound like a rock band...
    :lol:

Just to complete the effect

OT: Also why is the OP getting negged? He's right. I don't agree with Sharia law but he's entitled to his opinion

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uzi2491)
    Ooh OMG wikipedia - that's a unquestionable source. :rolleyes:

*an unquestionable source.

I'm sure wikipedia could demonstrate the difference between "a" and "an" so maybe you shouldn't **** it off.

ReputationRep:
    The responses from general Brit population make me laugh. Are you guys really quaking in your boots every night?

Bloody hell, the constant media bombardment has done a good job on you guys. You live in fear lol

My reaction to islamaphobia---> :rofl:
    We got more important things to worry about. Instead of letting Islam and Muslims override every political issue, let's actually get down to the basics and be a little obective. We got all these damn cuts going on, wars going on everywhere and bloody awful graduate job market. And wtf is going on in Portugal and possibly Spain next...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamesh)
    I doubt it will actually override the laws of this country any time soon. However, possibly, with the birth rate of Muslims and through da'wah, Non-Muslims may convert. As was the case for Indonesia, though I realise it isn't part of an Islaamic state.
    Except we have education in this country, which is a surefire way to steer people away from Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveCrain)
    Except we have education in this country, which is a surefire way to steer people away from Islam.
    Education is not a guarantee to steer Non-Muslims from converting to Islam.

Unless of course, you remove every Muslim from this planet, remove all literature pertaining to Islam even to the point of a mention & remove a part of our conscience that can influence us to believe in God.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know the majority of Muslims wouldn't even want Sharia law in Britain...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    The thread title makes "Shariah Law" sound like a rock band...
    If that's not been done, it needs to be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathematicsKiller)
    Wikipedia says otherwise. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia#Justice
    You do know anybody can edit Wikipedia, don't you.

HERE ARE THE FACTS
    All the above is just based on certain opinions.

1) Not all Muslims are extremists.
    2) Shariah law should not be imposed here.
    3) The only people that are "imposing" it are the extremists.
    4) We should try to live in peace with one another and promote community cohesion.

Regards
    Blueray

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    You do know anybody can edit Wikipedia, don't you.
    That article with the exact same text has been there for months. If it was incorrect, it would have been edited by now. Plus, wikipedia monitors changes to articles.

ReputationRep:
    Why am I being negged? for speaking truth
    I have no idea why you're being negged tbh, you haven't said anything particularly offensive.

ReputationRep:
    Shakira changed her name????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    You haven't even given us an article in this thread that I can see.
    I think he's referring to the Wikipedia article that MathematicsKiller quoted in post #13.

He suggested that the Shari'a punishment for "stealing a loaf of bread" is amputation of the hands, and quoted this article to support his point.

Although he clearly didn't read what he quoted, since it says that you do not lose your hands if the theft is due to hunger, necessity or duress, and that you do not lose your hands unless the item you've stolen is worth more than the minimum amount (one dinar; much more than the value of a loaf of bread).
    i.e. His own article disproved his point.

Your post (#17) seemed to suggest that the hands are cut off if the thief is reliant upon stealing to survive; when according to the article, the opposite is true.
    so you only do it to the ones who have a problem or who are reliant on stealing to survive?
    No, those are the people whose hands you don't cut off.

Also your claim that half a dinar, which is the minimum amount you have to steal to lose a hand, would be the value of a car today is rubbish. It could buy you a shield when Mohammed was alive. So now the equivalent would probably be a HDTV.
    The minimum level is actually one dinar, and it's worth about £100 today.

The claim is not that the average car costs about £100, the claim is that stealing a car from someone's garage is an example of a crime which would get your hands cut off (because the car is probably worth more than £100).

Although you're right; even if the person stole an HDTV, or an iPhone, or an item of jewellery worth more than £100 etc. and they satisfied all the other conditions mentioned in the article, the punishment would still apply.

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...D=1895&CATE=12

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 16, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.