Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukas1051)
    Don't know why you're being negged, you're absolutely right.

For some people, it's just any excuse to have a go at Muslims, even if it involves spreading silly rumours. You are so right about second generation Muslims, but people are just ignorant and think anyone with brown skin is some sort of evil force than plans to overthrow the country. Shariah Law will NEVER come to Britain, we are not and never will be a Muslim country, anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    If people are being executed for such archaic reasoning as adultery or apostasy, then it should be our business in my opinion.
    The people won't be forced to stay there, if they don't like the law, they can immigrate. Also, what you view as acceptable differs from other cultures, you have no right to stick your nose in other mans business

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxiKillxXx)
    The people won't be forced to stay there, if they don't like the law, they can immigrate. Also, what you view as acceptable differs from other cultures, you have no right to stick your nose in other mans business
    Actually we have every right when that person's business is the killing of people that any sane individual would deem entirely innocent.

You honestly don't see the barbarity behind this "get out or die" mentality? Not only is it ridiculous to force people to abandon their homes and families just to be able to survive, it's downright impossible for a lot of them.

Culture is irrelevant when we have globally recognised human rights, which are forsaken in Shariah Courts to preserve their bronze age customs. People should not be at risk of torture, mutilation or death for actions which do no harm to other people, especially from their own governments. It's just plain despicable to think otherwise regardless of your religious or cultural stances. The problem does not lie with western civilisation being intolerate of fundamentalist religious law, it lies with fundamentalist religious law being intolerable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Actually we have every right when that person's business is the killing of people that any sane individual would deem entirely innocent.

You honestly don't see the barbarity behind this "get out or die" mentality? Not only is it ridiculous to force people to abandon their homes and families just to be able to survive, it's downright impossible for a lot of them.

Culture is irrelevant when we have globally recognised human rights, which are forsaken in Shariah Courts to preserve their bronze age customs. People should not be at risk of torture, mutilation or death for actions which do no harm to other people, especially from their own governments. It's just plain despicable to think otherwise regardless of your religious or cultural stances. The problem does not lie with western civilisation being intolerate of fundamentalist religious law, it lies with fundamentalist religious law being intolerable.
    Oh please spare me the lecture about ''globally recognised human rights''. Is that why western countries are exempt from these laws? Every year, thousands of men are put on rendition flights to guantanamo bay or other places on earth, without trial, often tortured both PHYSICALLY and MENTALLY, but this is all okay because it is against the ''war on terror''

ReputationRep:
    oh and I forgot to add, they are INNOCENT until proven guilty

ReputationRep:
    To clear up any misconception: A large percentage (40%) of Muslims want to implement total Sharia law in the United Kingdom. Stop trying to claim it is just the "extremist" fringe.

Source:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...law-in-UK.html

and a different poll with similar results

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=39942

Please try and consider the full implications of these statistics. Consider the barbaric, inhumane, cruel, and ignorant tenants of Sharia law, and then try to claim that it isn't an issue.

ReputationRep:
    Oh please spare me the lecture about ''globally recognised human rights''. Is that why western countries are exempt from these laws? Every year, thousands of men are put on rendition flights to guantanamo bay or other places on earth, without trial, often tortured both PHYSICALLY and MENTALLY, but this is all okay because it is against the ''war on terror''
    A) America does not represent all Western countries, especially the Bush Administration under which GB was established.
    B) Their appalling behaviour does not vindicate the equally appalling behaviour under the law you support.
    C) You're comparing (An albeit shoddy) counter-terrorism measure to religious bigotry. The US does not spend money, resources and time on detaining these people for the fun of it. At some point they have been deemed a risk to society or connected to a risk. The treatment they undergo is abhorent, something I deem just as despicable as torture under any other circumstance. But trying to compare an attempt to safeguard their national security to executing people for as little simply leaving Islam is absurd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    A) America does not represent all Western countries, especially the Bush Administration under which GB was established.
    B) Their appalling behaviour does not vindicate the equally appalling behaviour under the law you support.
    C) You're comparing (An albeit shoddy) counter-terrorism measure to religious bigotry. The US does not spend money, resources and time on detaining these people for the fun of it. At some point they have been deemed a risk to society or connected to a risk. The treatment they undergo is abhorent, something I deem just as despicable as torture under any other circumstance. But trying to compare an attempt to safeguard their national security to executing people for as little simply leaving Islam is absurd.
    1) It wasn't only America though was it?
    2) Whether you like it or not, we Muslims have our own rule
    3) Defending the US's couunter terrorism measures?

oh please

ReputationRep:
    ''Based on that, if those people have an Islamic party, they should invest their efforts in establishing Islamic institutions, schools, Muslim graveyards, and stop thinking about establishing an Islamic state, because in fact that is virtually impossible and is just an illusion, based on what we have seen of the Muslims’ inability to achieve that, even in their own countries, so how can they do it in a non-Muslim country? Just demanding an Islamic state will bring evil consequences such as only Allaah knows, so how about if they took practical steps towards it? If the state is unable to stop them – which is not the case – then let them imagine their fate if the European Union were to get involved in stopping that. What would be the fate of all the efforts that have been made for decades? We have read about the situation of Muslim men and women in your country after September 11th, so how about if the anti-Islam establishments were to spread the idea that the Muslims only want to rule in order to apply Islam and limit freedoms and oppress women? Yes, they are exaggerating and lying, but we are giving them the ammunition that they are throwing in our faces. ''

read^

ReputationRep:
    1) It wasn't only America though was it?
    2) Whether you like it or not, we Muslims have our own rule
    3) Defending the US's couunter terrorism measures?

oh please
    F**k you.

Don't you dare pretend to speak for people who have to live in the horrid places you claim to represent.

Everything you take for granted in the UK - freedom of speech, freedom of expression, the right to vote, the right to post on this forum, equality of the sexes - do not exist in countries under Islamic rule.

Try living like that, in a blighted, poor, ignorant, cruel society before you even think about comparing the life in the West and life in the Middle East as merely different lifestyle choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wucker)
    F**k you.

Don't you dare pretend to speak for people who have to live in the horrid places you claim to represent.

Everything you take for granted in the UK - freedom of speech, freedom of expression, the right to vote, the right to post on this forum, equality of the sexes - do not exist in countries under Islamic rule.

Try living like that, in a blighted, poor, ignorant, cruel society before you even think about comparing the life in the West and life in the Middle East as merely different lifestyle choices.
    Freedom of speech, expression? Bull****, as soon as I say one thing against for example homosexuals, I will be commiting a crime. Say something slanderous about Islam or Christianity? Perfectly acceptable.

Also, no countries in the world today, have proper Shariah law, they have their own versions of it, so do not judge it by countries today.

say nothin

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion no matter where you are ! why impose your view on others? total disrespect for other culture.

*flame shield on!

personally i do not understand why muslim must be so sensitive. Look at other religion , the drawing of jesus , buddha etc. no death threat! but the drawing of allah you get threaten.

Then you have countries like malaysia and singapore where they have a leeway at law. When a muslim want to marry 4 wife its ok , but when a chinese dude marry 2 wife its against the law.

end of the day what make you so special?

ReputationRep:
    Freedom of speech, expression? Bull****, as soon as I say one thing against for example homosexuals, I will be commiting a crime. Say something slanderous about Islam or Christianity? Perfectly acceptable.

Also, no countries in the world today, have proper Shariah law, they have their own versions of it, so do not judge it by countries today.

say nothin
    That isn't true at all, and you know it. You can complain about homosexuals on this forum or anywhere else all you want and it is legal.

Draw a picture of Mohammed, though? Riots, killing, and calls for your death. Write a book that satirizes Islam (Satanic Verses)? Get a fatwa. Burn their holy book? More death, rioting, threats.

And give me a f**cking break, don't try and defend the unambiguously horrific edicts of Sharia law - they violate the conscience of any genuinely humane society.

ReputationRep:
    Quite the opposite really, try looking up Westboro Baptist Church sometime, there's a reason they're not in jail. Speech and expression are completely free, the problem is people take it beyond that and into territories that aren't.

You're perfectly entitled to say something against homosexuals, it's not a crime. It's just in exactly the same way, we're perfectly entitled to say you're a judgemental, backwards, sanctimonious prick for that opinion.

ReputationRep:
    That isn't true at all, and you know it. You can complain about homosexuals on this forum or anywhere else all you want and it is legal.

Draw a picture of Mohammed, though? Riots, killing, and calls for your death. Write a book that satirizes Islam (Satanic Verses)? Get a fatwa. Burn their holy book? More death, rioting, threats.

And give me a f**cking break, don't try and defend the unambiguously horrific edicts of Sharia law - they violate the conscience of any genuinely humane society.
    I am talking about the UK LAW! The riots, killings etc occur in MUSLIM countries, but in this country, you can say anything really Islam, but as soon as its about homosexuals people brand you as a homophobe

ReputationRep:
    I am talking about the UK LAW! The riots, killings etc occur in MUSLIM countries, but in this country, you can say anything really Islam, but as soon as its about homosexuals people brand you as a homophobe
    Quite the opposite, most if not all criticism of Islam is quickly silenced by the likes of the UAF crying racism and police under so called 'hate crimes', whereas if the roles are reversed nothing is done in order to preserve 'community cohesion'.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna go ahead and quote you from earlier in this thread:

"It isn't, I'm talking about the constant fear mongering by these islamophobes"

So, you can be called an islamophobe for criticizing Islam but shouldn't be called a homophobe if you criticize homosexuality? Really?

I have had enough of your blustering hypocrisy, and your pathetic and dangerous inability to distinguish between genuine suppression of free speech (which occurs in every majority Muslim country) and strong disagreement (which occurs here, in Britain, when you complain about homosexuals).

Blinding ignorance drips off your every word.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna go ahead and quote you from earlier in this thread:

"It isn't, I'm talking about the constant fear mongering by these islamophobes"

So, you can be called an islamophobe for criticizing Islam but shouldn't be called a homophobe if you criticize homosexuality? Really?

I have had enough of your blustering hypocrisy, and your pathetic and dangerous inability to distinguish between genuine suppression of free speech (which occurs in every majority Muslim country) and strong disagreement (which occurs here, in Britain, when you complain about homosexuals).

Blinding ignorance drips off your every word.
    Homosexuality is a disease. Islam isn't.

Say no more u dusty battyboy

ReputationRep:
    Homosexuality is a disease. Islam isn't.

Say no more u dusty battyboy
    I don't think I could say anything more to demolish your credibility that you already have yourself...

ReputationRep:
    I can see some ignorant users of TSR are continually posting threads about Shariah law, how muslims want to implement it and how the Muslim birth rate is a danger to Britain.

Have you never noticed that the second generation Muslims (so those born in the UK to parents from abroad) are much more socially acclimatised to the UK culture? So therefore a large majority would not agree with Shariah Law and are less strict in following their religion.

the ONLY people who would be passionate in their support for Shariah law are those Muslims who are on temporary visas here and have been schooled in Islamic schools all over the world. OR this new wave of black muslim converts who come from criminal backgrounds.

PS: I am Muslim who agrees with Shariah law in our own countries, I don't give two damns about what law there is here, thats up to you British people to decide.
    1)Muslims can be British as well
    2) Most of Shariah law is just like our law, it is only extremists who twist its wording to suit themselves.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 16, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.