Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If it's any consolation, I'm just the same - out of proportion. Although I'm 5'4 and 57kg and I know that I'm nowhere near fat..

(Original post by hafa)
    Hit the gym, you'll be surprised how much better you'll feel physically and psychologically.
    You know you're right...when I was going gym I felt more confident because I felt more toned but now it's easter holidays-i'm home for 3 weeks and got too much revision to do but I'm gonna dust off the old treadmill and use it. let's hope it still works i am NOT confident enough to go out running lol

(Original post by Saf94)
    I'm guessing that there is nothing wrong with you, although you feel that there is. People are their own worse critics. If other people are telling you that you are pretty than you probably are. I think you are suffering from low self esteem, which is normal. Go look at yourself in the mirror. Listen to the voice that critisizes you, and with that same voice, look at your body and tell yourself nice things. Don't let yourself be harsh on you. Treat yourself as you would have others treat you.
    I think recently I just feel very rejected...there have been a couple of guys I liked and both completely friend-zoned me. The first one is such a player which makes it worse because what is so terrible about me that he can fancy a million girls apart from me? I know I should be grateful because he would just hurt me but it's hurt my ego. The second one is so lovely..I love his personality and he's so good looking on top of it but he just doesn't seem to like me in that way. When I make an effort-he responses but he never makes an effort first. and now I probably won't ever see him again because of Easter and study leave :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You know you're right...when I was going gym I felt more confident because I felt more toned but now it's easter holidays-i'm home for 3 weeks and got too much revision to do but I'm gonna dust off the old treadmill and use it. let's hope it still works i am NOT confident enough to go out running lol

I definitely second this, you feel so good when you've worked out and leave the gym, its like drugs. lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacke02)
    Hitler wasn't a mistake? :eek: People like you disgust me.
    LOL. Don't forget about 'free will' and all that though - god just makes us look nice :rolleyes:

Hitler was a sex symbol to german women before the war, don't forget

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacke02)
    Hitler wasn't a mistake? :eek: People like you disgust me.
    Oh for ****s sake. What are you going to imply next, that I'm a Rebecca Black fan? Of course Hitler was an evil ****! But as I am sure OP is probably not Hitler I think it is safe to say something nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewiseone)
    You are not Bruno Mars.

Fail.
    Yeah I'm not ****ing Bruno Mars. Those are Lady Gaga/ Christina Aguilera lyrics dumbass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnamon_Twist)
    Oh for ****s sake. What are you going to imply next, that I'm a Rebecca Black fan? Of course Hitler was an evil ****! But as I am sure OP is probably not Hitler I think it is safe to say something nice.
    aha the existance of rebecca black is probably the best proof of the non-existence of god.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnamon_Twist)
    You're beautiful in your way cause god makes no mistakes....
    You are beautiful in every single way... words can't bring you down
    This is TSR. Logic surpasses religion and sweet talk here.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what's going on with me lately... I've always felt pretty self-confident. Never really cared about weight or anything too much but recently I've become obsessed. I just feel so ugly :-/ I get compliments when I've straightened my hair, put on makeup and am wearing my best clothes but I can't be like that everyday! I actually feel like I look hideous without makeup...I don't think I could actually go into uni without at least some foundation on. I always get people telling me I'm pretty - friends and strangers alike and I smile and say thanks but when I look in the mirror I just don't see it.
    Weight wise I am a classic "skinny-fat person" 5 foot 6 and 56 kg..you would think I'm a normal weight but no my weight is spread so disproportionally. My stomach look 6 months pregnant, my bingo wings are disgusting, my thighs touch each other yet my wrists are tiny, I'm an average B cup and ankles to knees I'm skinny.
    I know there's more to a person than looks but because I feel so ugly I just want to curl up and hide.

Basically I need tips on how to shape my body so I feel comfortable and proportional? Also girls and guys-what do you think of a girl who wears little makeup and wears simple clothes? Everyday for uni I wear smart clothes, do my hair and do my makeup nicely but I'm sick of it. I want to be myself. I want to put on jeans and a hoody..tie my hair back and wear my glasses...but everyone would be shocked to see me like that
    its easter holiday!!! hit the gym for 2 weeks like im gona im sure ull feel alot better with yourself when your done.

ReputationRep:
    I think recently I just feel very rejected...there have been a couple of guys I liked and both completely friend-zoned me. The first one is such a player which makes it worse because what is so terrible about me that he can fancy a million girls apart from me? I know I should be grateful because he would just hurt me but it's hurt my ego. The second one is so lovely..I love his personality and he's so good looking on top of it but he just doesn't seem to like me in that way. When I make an effort-he responses but he never makes an effort first. and now I probably won't ever see him again because of Easter and study leave :'(
    Sorry to hear about your rejections I'm guessing this is where your low self-esteem came from. You are going into panic/overdrive mode just because you have been rejected. I read this in a book once, when people get rejected or feel not good enough, they make what is called catastrophe predictions. They think they are awful and ugly and fat. Everyone does this but they don't realise it. Your self consciouss interprets your rejection as worst possible scenario. You think that you have been rejected because you are not nice or pretty or thin. This is wrong. I'm not telling you its wrong to comfort you, it is wrong. Its a psycological thing. Your brain goes into doomsday mode. Don't let it have power over you. What you need to do is intelligently deal with the situation. Talk to the guys, talk to your friends, try to meet new people. Trust me, you are wonderful, i know it from your posts and descriptions of yourself Hope this has helped and hope you feel better.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
    Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.