Turn on thread page Beta

More Europe migrants to gain access to full UK benefits watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottish)
    One million poles alone, came to the UK in the past 5 years and over half have stayed. You are only one person and your anecdotal statement means nothing.
    I'm willing to bet a lot of them will move back to their home countries. Europeans tend to either move back home, or integrate with the culture. I'm not saying immigration is not a problem. Quite the opposite, the UK is being bent over backwards by immigrants, however I don't think it's European immigrants that are the biggest problem. There's a huge influx of people from every 3rd world ****hole imaginable on Earth which need to be dealt with first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    I'm willing to bet a lot of them will move back to their home countries. Europeans tend to either move back home, or integrate with the culture. I'm not saying immigration is not a problem. Quite the opposite, the UK is being bent over backwards by immigrants, however I don't think it's European immigrants that are the biggest problem. There's a huge influx of people from every 3rd world ****hole imaginable on Earth which need to be dealt with first.
    I agree completely, personally the more European immigrants in the UK, the less third world immigrants which is why I welcome European immigrants. It is not eastern Europeans who I have a rpoblem with, I actually think most of them are great people. Its the EU that I have a problem with.

ReputationRep:
    at least they have to apply for a visa

and the illegal do not get benefits

but the eastern Europeans are paid benefits for children which do not even live in the UK

who thinks that is fair - if you do then you have something wrong with you

and soon they will get access for benefits just to coming to the UK

ie being paid money for entering a country

amazing as people really like to support foreign people getting uk jobs, uk health service uk benefits - which should be for people who hold a UK passport not some polish or romanian crap passport

maybe they should ask Russia for money

(Original post by theman360)
    why should I go to Denmark when I go to a top uni in the UK

I am talking about how getting out of the EU will benefit the UK - the money saved could have helped keep the uni budget fully funded
    And I am talking about how staying in the EU will benefit the UK. Students can have their minds opened, and experience different cultures while at the same time saving the UK money. Rather than give in to the kind of closed-mindedness, perhaps we should encourage students to seriously consider taking advantage of the opportunities the EU offers them.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.