Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    aa

ReputationRep:
    Both are really good, but I'd say Southampton, purely because the course is very well structured, one of the best institutions in the UK for CS, VERY highly ranked, in the top 5 I think and the place is beautiful as well!

It's a very respected university and the CS department is a very good research orientated department actually. On my interview day, I was definitely impressed with the standard and the staff seemed really nice and friendly and open with everyone.

I'd say Southampton but I'm sure there will be someone to fight the Warwick corner.

ReputationRep:
    Warwick has a much nicer campus.
    But i'd say soton overall, fantastic department.

ReputationRep:
    Look for the course content! For example, in warwick subjects are easier and there are optional choices like business, mathematics and you can choose them from the 1 year of studying! In Southampton options start from the 3 year and you can choose web design and other technical subjects. The optional subjects that you can find in Warwick you cannot find them in Soton. So it is up to you what you want to study business or more IT and electronic engineering. However, I think that study in Soton will be much more complicated according to course content. Is there any students of Soton can you share with study experience in Soton please!)

ReputationRep:
    I would go southampton, I know people who go warwick and say it's pretty dead, and the department for computer science in southampton is amazing. I was having difficulty choosing between my universities as well because the tutors at southampton are so friendly and they incorporate some electronics as well. There will be some times where you can be seeing results on robots etc. which is a great reward seeing it working physically if you know what i mean?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.