Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

will using a vibrator too much make it more difficult to orgasm with a partner? watch

i've never orgasmed with a guy (i am female). i have felt close before through oral, but never made it...
    i have a vibrator which i only use on my clitoris.. and i'm worrying if maybe i can't get off with a guy because i'm too used to how powerful it is.. and obviously a guy just cannot compare to the speed.

what do you think? should i give up the sex toy? or will it probably make no difference and just mean no orgasms for me ever

ReputationRep:
    I think there is some truth in this actually. But some women can't orgasm from sex, fingers or even oral sex. Vibrators are any easy way to ***, and some may only be able to get there with something strong.

ReputationRep:
    I have a vibrator (or a few at least...) and it has made no difference to the way i can get off without it. My OH doesnt have any trouble getting me off.

My problem is using a vibrator actually. I find i have to be careful, as it can get too much!

Everyone is different though, so you'll have to find out yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ponpon14)
    I have a vibrator (or a few at least...) and it has made no difference to the way i can get off without it. My OH doesnt have any trouble getting me off.

My problem is using a vibrator actually. I find i have to be careful, as it can get too much!

Everyone is different though, so you'll have to find out yourself.
    Yes I agree with you, actually I have a vibrator too, and doesn't make my sex drive smaller..I can orgasm with my partner . But still I love when my partner is making me having serial orgasms instead of me doing it for my self

ReputationRep:
    Apparently about 30% of women who use a vibrator feel desensitised to some level, some to the extent they can not orgasm at all with the vibrator where they could before, and some might just take them 5 minutes longer than it did before and some may just have less intense orgasms. You can always try giving it up for 3-4 months and see if it gets any better, if not you can always go back to using the vibrator again. Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philbphil)
    Apparently about 30% of women who use a vibrator feel desensitised to some level, some to the extent they can not orgasm at all with the vibrator where they could before, and some might just take them 5 minutes longer than it did before and some may just have less intense orgasms. You can always try giving it up for 3-4 months and see if it gets any better, if not you can always go back to using the vibrator again. Hope this helped
    Yes that's true coz every body has different habits and every women has different life style

ReputationRep:
    An orgasm from a vibrator stimulating the clit is a different orgasm to deep penetration in the act of love so no. Just train your mind to understand the various orgasms a women can experience. Experiment more and open your mind. Good luck - orgasms keep you youthful looking

ReputationRep:
    There's a slight chance it'll turn into Wookey Hole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i've never orgasmed with a guy (i am female). i have felt close before through oral, but never made it...
    i have a vibrator which i only use on my clitoris.. and i'm worrying if maybe i can't get off with a guy because i'm too used to how powerful it is.. and obviously a guy just cannot compare to the speed.

what do you think? should i give up the sex toy? or will it probably make no difference and just mean no orgasms for me ever
    Something I do to make sure that I don't become too dependent on my vibrator is switch between masturbating with a toy and my hands. Whenever I feel that I've been too reliant on my vibrator, I use my hands exclusively for a few days to get me back into the swing of things.

I've never had any major problems with orgasming with others

ReputationRep:
    There's just one thing I can reccommend here, and that's tantric sex.

Although I don't usually have a problem coming with my partner, there are times when you think it's just not going to happen, and these times I find are when I am not properly relaxed. It's all in the mind, and I find that the less you think about orgasm, the more likely you are to have a good one. Concentrate on relaxing your mind and your body, find a rhythm, and when you get the tingle, let it build up of it's own accord. NEVER fake.

I do love my vibrator, and I don't think it's made me "less sensitive", but you've got to keep switching it up a bit. Experiment with different fantasies, and feelings and remember that the whole experience is important, not just the orgasm

I used to be worried about this too, but actually I've found that masturbation (which has included a vibrator sometimes) has greatly improved my sex life and ability to orgasm with partner. I think it's because I know myself better and know what to "feel for" and feel more confident and sexual in general.

Even if a vibrator did make you less sensitive, I'm sure just not using it for a while would reverse that effect.

I've often wondered this too...I find if I use the vibe quite frequently the orgasms aren't as strong...but abstaining for a while then makes them more powerful again. But I don't know how it affects it with sex, I've never come properly with my guy, but he's got me very close with his fingers...I think if I lead him through it and told him to keep going until I came then he'd get me there, but tbh I usually get to the stage before then where I'm just begging him to penetrate!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.