Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello strangers,

I am currently at a London uni with a study abroad offer for the USA. I would like some information to what financial help I can get, especially from individuals who have been through this.

I would be paying UK tuition fees, not US fees. I also heard you get a travel grant of sorts...

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    So which university is it you'll be studying at in the USA?
    Is it pure study, or a work placement?
    Full year or half?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taiko)
    So which university is it you'll be studying at in the USA?
    Is it pure study, or a work placement?
    Full year or half?
    Uni. of Illinois UC, full year study abroad, no work involved

ReputationRep:
    You'll be entitled to a maintenance loan at a slightly higher rate than you normally get, fee loan payable to your UK university, and subject to an income assessment help with travel costs and a maintenance grant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taiko)
    You'll be entitled to a maintenance loan at a slightly higher rate than you normally get, fee loan payable to your UK university, and subject to an income assessment help with travel costs and a maintenance grant.
    Is this the same for study abroad in the middle east? I am going to the ME for my Year abroad September.... and currently I get the full support available. Would I still get the higher rate, do you know?

ReputationRep:
    If you are studying at an overseas university, and it is an integral part of the course, then yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taiko)
    If you are studying at an overseas university, and it is an integral part of the course, then yes.
    Awesome! Do you know if there is a particular 'name' for this extra help for overseas studies? I.e, what do I ask for, when I call student Finance? I heard that this is discretionary and not automatically given

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.