Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advice please...
    Long story short, I've been seeing this girl at uni on and off for a few months, last few weeks we've gotten a bit more serious but I've realised for one reason or another I don't want to take it any further.

We're now on Easter holidays and she's getting annoyed at me for not keeping in contact (for 2/3 days)(she sent me a pissy text). So should I break it off with her now over text/phone, or wait until we're back at uni in 2 weeks.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her when you get back to uni and just explain yourself.

Breaking it off with her via text is cowardly.

ReputationRep:
    Do it now. No point dragging it out. At least phone her though, not text.

ReputationRep:
    Just ignore her for a while.At least it gives you the option of sleeping with her later.

(Original post by Bazlehman)
    Just ignore her for a while.At least it gives you the option of sleeping with her later.
    True, I do quite like her though, just realised I'm not as attracted to her as I first thought. I don't want to be an ******** to her though, as she is a nice enough lass.

ReputationRep:
    Text her this- I cant believe it, have u heard whos been dumped. Swiftly followed by- Its you, dont contact me again

(Original post by Manc990)
    Text her this- I cant believe it, have u heard whos been dumped. Swiftly followed by- Its you, dont contact me again
    This is actually quite funny, I lolled.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    This is actually quite funny, I lolled.
    I'm not going to do it though I'm not that insensitive!

I don't know what to do, seriously though. Cos if I keep texting or calling her through the holidays, well I CBA for one, and it wouldn't be very honest would it, given that I don't really want to be with her?

But then I wouldn't want to be broken up with via txt/phonecall..but then we're not 'officially' going out, so does it matter so much?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    why don't you just skip to the 'lets just be sex buddys eh?'

i think you'd be best telling her, at least it gives her/you a break during easter, phone her up or ask her round to talk and sort it out. that way by the time uni starts again the air will be more clear then it would have been had you just ignored her all easter?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.