Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Which would you pick? There isn't too much information available online so I was wondering if anyone had any advice available?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Why does Lakeside accommodation not have a bath? &
    for those of you who live in Lakeside accommodation what do you do when you want a bath or do you not just have one?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm in New Build and there's no bath in there either. I thought it would bother me but I end up missing my shower when I'm home (we only have a bath.)

At this year's prices I put down for Lakeside no contest, but didn't get it. If you could take the New Build desk, 2 ovens per flat and the 2 cupboard one drawer per student kitchen setup and put it in Lakeside, it would be perfect imo. As it's only £5 a week different next year, part of me thinks it's worth that purely because it's newer. Other than the points I've mentioned above though, I prefer Lakeside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starburst Scarlett)
    Why does Lakeside accommodation not have a bath? &
    for those of you who live in Lakeside accommodation what do you do when you want a bath or do you not just have one?
    Don't have one or wait till I go home. A shower is just fine.

Was thinking about the two buildings earlier which was why I hadn't replied OP. I don't think there's a difference really in what they have so it's just down to money.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply, normally if I ask a question on this no one replies

ReputationRep:
    Roooooootes!

ReputationRep:
    Any more advice on which to choose?

ReputationRep:
    The other thing I would say is that you may not get the first choice you put down anyway.

ReputationRep:
    New build has better kitchens. lakeside is cheaper. Lakeside is heavily oversubscribed so you will probably end up in new build anyway.

ReputationRep:
    go for new build, more people to meet, more of an atmosphere, lake side has that stupid gate which means your mates have to wait in the cold for you to let them in (and so you have to walk out) i left when new build open so maybe they have a gate too but i dno?

lake side is gettin dirty now too, and its segregated with the small little blocks. GO FOR NEW BUILD! BIGGER BEDS TOO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesiChild)
    go for new build, more people to meet, more of an atmosphere, lake side has that stupid gate which means your mates have to wait in the cold for you to let them in (and so you have to walk out) i left when new build open so maybe they have a gate too but i dno?

lake side is gettin dirty now too, and its segregated with the small little blocks. GO FOR NEW BUILD! BIGGER BEDS TOO
    The new build has a gate too which I've heard you have to physically push open.
    Dunno where you've been in Lakeside but I lived there now (also lived here in first year) and I don't think it's dirty really. I've seen much worse!! Depends on the residents too.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    There are gates in the New Build but there have been problems with them all year and they have often been left open while they try to fix them. Even if they are shut though, I'd guess you have more chance of getting guests in without having to let them in because the more people living there means that there is more likely to be someone going in/out with a card and they can just go through after them.

You don't get a bigger bed in New Build than Lakeside unless you're in the 5 bed.

ReputationRep:
    Staffordddddddddddd

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.