Turn on thread page Beta

UNRELIABLE EDEXCEL MARKERS - My remark went up by 10 MARKS watch

ReputationRep:
    Here is what I saw from sticky thread:

How can I gain access to my scripts?

You can request either the original transcript or a photocopy of your script, this can be to help you decide whether or not to apply for an EAR or to see how your marks were awarded in your papers.

If you want to see your script in order to decide whether or not to request a remark then you need to order a photocopy of your script, it's important you don't ask for the original if you may want to have a remark. Once you are sent your original script you will not be able to request EARs as there is the potential for tampering with the papers.
    ---------------
    Does that mean I could pay for reviewing my exam paper first and then decide whether I go for a remark?????

really appreciate if someone could clear me up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by larainea)
    ---------------
    Does that mean I could pay for reviewing my exam paper first and then decide whether I go for a remark?????

really appreciate if someone could clear me up...
    yes you can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenDiff)
    I had my AS Unit 1 Edexcel Economics remarked, and it went up by 10 marks!

Obviously I'm happy but I think it's disgusting that an examiner can get it so terribly wrong. Other people could be walking around and applying for university with results that don't actually mirror their true potential.

Anyone faced similar situations?
    Few ppl in my skl had the same situation got a B in English GCSE and remarked and got an A* :L Conclusion? AQA is ****.

ReputationRep:
    Got my Edexcel Politics script back and it looked completely wrong. Forwarded it to my teachers and they agreed. My marks went 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 in that order! It's incredibly bizarre.

ReputationRep:
    I got 7 marks up in my bio unit 1 paper from 80 to 90%

ReputationRep:
    Had my history edexcel results back. B in one paper.. fair enough. D in the other which is totally off. I revised so much. Screw it, I'm gonna get a remark and see what happens. If not I can always resit, then again, when is the deadline for resits?

ReputationRep:
    just got my edexel Applied Business remark back ... my exam went up by 15 UMS! its not impossible, guys! i only needed 9 ums marks, and i remember when i went into the exams office the people in there were trying to discourage me from sending it in for a remark ... i cant believe it went up! Edexcel are so freaking unreliable! too bad most of my work is coursework based or else i would have asked for a remark on all of them (they moderated me so harshly ... from a B to a D in one of my cw's)

ReputationRep:
    Economics Unit 2 June 2011

I got undermarked by 12 marks! Absolute joke if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BTNH)
    Had my history edexcel results back. B in one paper.. fair enough. D in the other which is totally off. I revised so much. Screw it, I'm gonna get a remark and see what happens. If not I can always resit, then again, when is the deadline for resits?
    21 October at the exam board, though your school will probably have an earlier internal deadline.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know how long remarks generally take to come back? I've handed my form back in but I'm not sure If I'll get it back in time for my college's personal deadline for UCAS applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d_aan)
    Does anybody know how long remarks generally take to come back? I've handed my form back in but I'm not sure If I'll get it back in time for my college's personal deadline for UCAS applications.
    The target for completion is within 30 calendar days of the awarding body receiving the request.
    http://www.jcq.org.uk/attachments/pu...et%2011-12.pdf

That said, they are usually back much more quickly than that. Friends have experience between 2 or 3 up to 10 days.

ReputationRep:
    My M2 Maths paper went up by 13 marks...thought that with a subject like maths where the marks are more clear than an essay writing subject the marking would be a bit tighter.

Fills me with confidence for he examination system...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broken_Circles)
    marking software

:confused: ...

ReputationRep:
    I feel really sorry for you. I think this is terrible this is why exams should be computerized! I've met teachers who mark exam papers that drink while they do it! Your grading someones life and your drinking???!?!?

ReputationRep:
    Apparently next year WJEC are going to start using electronic marking, even for essays..
    It's kind of worrying. Thankfully this is my last year and HOPEFULLY, won't have to do re-sits. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    My edexcel french oral went up from a C to an A. Pushed the overall grade up to an A. Saved my university place.

Hste edexcel so much. Have written a stiff letter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    I'm joking :cool:
    It must be said..

I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE!!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, looks like loads of people are experiencing what I am! I got 94 UMS for my Business unit 2 exam and 96 is an A, which is literally like one mark off! Its AQA as well, who are sometimes very wrong... Should I remark?? I only have about a week left to decide and have no idea Should I remark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TonyH663)
    Wow, looks like loads of people are experiencing what I am! I got 94 UMS for my Business unit 2 exam and 96 is an A, which is literally like one mark off! Its AQA as well, who are sometimes very wrong... Should I remark?? I only have about a week left to decide and have no idea Should I remark?
    You may aswell if you were one mark off, because you're not risking your mark going down either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doofy)
    It must be said..

I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE!!
    Why thank you :sexface:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.