Turn on thread page Beta

How to love your body? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks for the responses guys

I'm 88 kg and I'm 6'1" or 185 cm (and I'm a guy btw). I am in the healthy mindset now and I'm generally productive but I'm still so ridiculously fed up with body, I'm going through a grumpy phase now as we speak...

As for my body, I am very frequently complimented for my nice face and muscly arms/legs. But whenever I gain weight, the vast majority of it goes straight to my stomach - more specifically, the love handles get more and more apparent.

There are so many little things that will throw my confidence to the ground and stomp all over it. I feel horrible knowing that some of the t-shirts I have to buy might be a large instead of a medium. I look at myself in every reflective surface possible and about 10% of the time I'll think 'I'm okay with how I look here'. I feel gross when I walk down the street - I feel like I'm one of the 'fat kids'. I'm surrounded by people who never do exercise and don't even diet seriously yet have perfectly normal/skinny/defined bodies. I also see that most (gay) guys seriously prefer guys who are skinny or smooth or whatever; my date next week is a slim guy and all I can think is how much he's going to judge me for having extra weight around my stomach. Like I said, he's seen pictures of me online and I'm *pretty* sure they are representative of how I look like, but then there's this uber self conscious part of me where we'll meet up and it will be clear after 15 minutes he's not attracted to me.

Sigh, I'm really starting to get sick of this! I am desperate to be happy with my body. Seriously desperate. I am so sick of criticising myself so harshly every ****ing day. I'm sick of being pessimistic 24/7, I'm sick of feeling like I look **** in most pieces of clothing and I would love to be able to walk past a mirror without wanting to look at it.

So again, any advice is appreciated. I don't need physical health/diet tips, I know what I'm doing right/wrong in that sense
    That isn't fat!

ReputationRep:
    It's actually overweight. I don't care if people say, 'it depends how much muscle you have blah blah blah". Like he said he has love handles. On some people it would be healthy. It's scary how much mass on a human body is considered normal in today's overweight world.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.