Turn on thread page Beta

If I can pass after my test today, ANYONE can! watch

ReputationRep:
    So today was my 4th test. I was nervous to **** and thought I was going to fail. I am literally the worst driver when it comes to nerves/panic and awareness, I normally lose it and drive crazily.

I had three hairy moments which were just surreal.

First one, the local mosque had just finished, and 20 guys in the busiest area ever just walked out between cars. Luckily I anticipated it because it was so busy but I had to emergency stop in the middle of a junction because they just kept on walking and didnt have a care in the world .

Second incident was just ridiculous. Was in a residential area, and these ******** kids purposefully aimed and launched this football at the car and it hit the windscreen right infront of me. Just slowed right down and tried to control my anger before I pulled over got out and kicked them in the balls.

Third incident I thought I was on You've Been Framed. Turned left off a roundabout and turned onto a really steep hill. Infront of me, I **** you not, was a 70 year old man on a mobility scooter right in the middle of the road swerving about. I couldn't overtake him because he could've swerved right into me so there I was.. doing three mph up a hill behind a mobility scooter with a long line of traffic behind me. Afterwards the examiner was so mad at him! haha.

So theres my story. I was going to give up after this test had I failed, but nothing compares to the feeling of passing, nothing. I really urge people to not give up, and to drive as if its their test in every lesson and to not slack off because its harder to get your awareness back after slacking. Try your best all the time, give it your all, and STAY CALM.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! I've got my test soon and absoloutely bricking it

ReputationRep:
    Congrats OP! well done on passing , especially as you were thinking about giving up today if you had failed. it is a great feeling, I passed on my second attempt and I was thrilled to hear that I'd passed

ReputationRep:
    you done really good i can see myself just overtaking the old man and failing lol. WHile your on this thing can i ask a question.. il ask it anyways lol so yeh in the theory test when your doing the hazard perception can you explain how and what you do, i know you click the mouse when you see hazards but what if the hazard doesnt seem like a hazard to u =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    So today was my 4th test. I was nervous to **** and thought I was going to fail. I am literally the worst driver when it comes to nerves/panic and awareness, I normally lose it and drive crazily.

I had three hairy moments which were just surreal.

First one, the local mosque had just finished, and 20 guys in the busiest area ever just walked out between cars. Luckily I anticipated it because it was so busy but I had to emergency stop in the middle of a junction because they just kept on walking and didnt have a care in the world .

Second incident was just ridiculous. Was in a residential area, and these ******** kids purposefully aimed and launched this football at the car and it hit the windscreen right infront of me. Just slowed right down and tried to control my anger before I pulled over got out and kicked them in the balls.

Third incident I thought I was on You've Been Framed. Turned left off a roundabout and turned onto a really steep hill. Infront of me, I **** you not, was a 70 year old man on a mobility scooter right in the middle of the road swerving about. I couldn't overtake him because he could've swerved right into me so there I was.. doing three mph up a hill behind a mobility scooter with a long line of traffic behind me. Afterwards the examiner was so mad at him! haha.

So theres my story. I was going to give up after this test had I failed, but nothing compares to the feeling of passing, nothing. I really urge people to not give up, and to drive as if its their test in every lesson and to not slack off because its harder to get your awareness back after slacking. Try your best all the time, give it your all, and STAY CALM.

Yay well done!! It's the best feeling in the world when you pass!!
    What manouvere did you get? how many driving faults did you get??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manesh2468)
    you done really good i can see myself just overtaking the old man and failing lol. WHile your on this thing can i ask a question.. il ask it anyways lol so yeh in the theory test when your doing the hazard perception can you explain how and what you do, i know you click the mouse when you see hazards but what if the hazard doesnt seem like a hazard to u =/
    yeah with the hazard perception, when you see a hazard, that would cause you to brake, you click on it. if you type hazard perception practice into google, there's a site with some clips on

ReputationRep:
    That's a pass to be proud of AND well deserved! Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by proud nd luvin it)
    yeah with the hazard perception, when you see a hazard, that would cause you to break, you click on it. if you type hazard perception practice into google, there's a site with some clips on
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posietoes)
    Congrats! I've got my test soon and absoloutely bricking it
    The main thing is to stay calm. One thing that I did different before my tests is for the hour before do NOTHING. I just drove to the place, sat and chilled, read through the show me tell me questions, and just try relax. Theres nothing you can do that will improve a great lot before hand, theres no point stressing yourself out if you do stuff wrong before your test, best thing is to just relax, and ask any questions you have.

(Original post by Mark!91)
    Congrats OP! well done on passing , especially as you were thinking about giving up today if you had failed. it is a great feeling, I passed on my second attempt and I was thrilled to hear that I'd passed
    Thanks I actually hugged the examiner She was lovely. I think the sun and the heat got to her a bit haha.

Anything that will cause you to slow down or change direction is a hazard. So for example, a cyclist coming on to the road, pedestrians crossing, cattle/horses , not being able to see far down the road, cars pulling out etc. They will seem like hazards to you. I had a clip where sheep walked onto the road. Theres DVDs you can get that have lots of clips on them that you can practice on.

(Original post by proud nd luvin it)
    Yay well done!! It's the best feeling in the world when you pass!!
    What manouvere did you get? how many driving faults did you get??
    Reverse round the corner, first time I had done it PERFECT and I found it hard to judge where to start turning cos there was a great big paving stone missing at the corner.

5 minors which were mainly all from doing this hill start, forgot to put the handbrake on haha and revved too much didnt find my bite very well and rolled back a bit. Basically everything you could do wrong I did but still passed haha, at that point I thought I had failed.

(Original post by fretter778)
    That's a pass to be proud of AND well deserved! Congratulations!

THANKS!!

ReputationRep:

Anything that will cause you to slow down or change direction is a hazard. So for example, a cyclist coming on to the road, pedestrians crossing, cattle/horses , not being able to see far down the road, cars pulling out etc. They will seem like hazards to you. I had a clip where sheep walked onto the road. Theres DVDs you can get that have lots of clips on them that you can practice on.
    Thanks, thats the only thing im worried about im good with the driving gratz on ur passing again have fun drivin around!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, thats the only thing im worried about im good with the driving gratz on ur passing again have fun drivin around!
    Thanks, I will do! Haha need to find a car first!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I actually hugged the examiner She was lovely. I think the sun and the heat got to her a bit haha.

On my test I also had a problem with the sun as I hadn't brought my sunglasses with me so the suns glare was in my eyes. my examiner acknowledged this though and helped out once or twice by letting me know a speed limit sign i had missed due to the sun. i passed with 7minors

Its good to see that now your qualified that you can give some good advice to others who need it to. how many minors did you get btw?

ReputationRep:

On my test I also had a problem with the sun as I hadn't brought my sunglasses with me so the suns glare was in my eyes. my examiner acknowledged this though and helped out once or twice by letting me know a speed limit sign i had missed due to the sun. i passed with 7minors

Its good to see that now your qualified that you can give some good advice to others who need it to. how many minors did you get btw?
    Thanks I got 5 , mostly accumulated from a very bad hill start!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I got 5 , mostly accumulated from a very bad hill start!

5 not bad Y'know for your first pass. On a hill start always remember to set the gas high, using plenty of acceleration.

Have you got a car sorted out yet? have you checked out insurance companies yet for the dreaded quotes?

I am literally the worst driver when it comes to nerves/panic and awareness, I normally lose it and drive crazily.
    Great :/ Congrats OP but I'm amazed by the number of learners who admit they can't drive that are passing.

ReputationRep:
    5 not bad Y'know for your first pass. On a hill start always remember to set the gas high, using plenty of acceleration.

Have you got a car sorted out yet? have you checked out insurance companies yet for the dreaded quotes?
    It wasn't a pass on my first go it was my 4th test haha. No I haven't had a look yet, I'm terrified to see the insurance quotes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Great :/ Congrats OP but I'm amazed by the number of learners who admit they can't drive that are passing.
    I can drive, as I have proven today, I have obviously progressed , and no longer let the nerves and panic get to me.

ReputationRep:
    Well done. I failed 3 times and gave up, 4 years ago. But now I think I'm gonna try again. 4th time lucky?

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't a pass on my first go it was my 4th test haha. No I haven't had a look yet, I'm terrified to see the insurance quotes!

I was meant to say 5 is not bad after 3 or 4 fails and passing with just 5minors.

how old are you? what car are you thinking of buying? are you going as a driver on someone else's policy?

I'm 19 have held my license for 2.5 months and my cheapest quotes are on a vauxhall corsa at about £300 per month with a £390 deposit. I haven't driven out on my own yet,nor have I got a car but at the end of this month i should have my car and insurance and be ready to drive it with the help of my brother who is going to help me out with it financially.

ReputationRep:
    I was meant to say 5 is not bad after 3 or 4 fails and passing with just 5minors.

how old are you? what car are you thinking of buying? are you going as a driver on someone else's policy?

I'm 19 have held my license for 2.5 months and my cheapest quotes are on a vauxhall corsa at about £300 per month with a £390 deposit. I haven't driven out on my own yet,nor have I got a car but at the end of this month i should have my car and insurance and be ready to drive it with the help of my brother who is going to help me out with it financially.
    I'm 20, no idea, and my mum would never let me near her brand new car! haha lucky you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 9, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.