Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If I can pass after my test today, ANYONE can! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Insurance quotes are ridiculous, I passed last week, must be th only person in school who has passed their test but isn't driving, hate it! But the insurance is beyond expensive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lily92)
    Insurance quotes are ridiculous, I passed last week, must be th only person in school who has passed their test but isn't driving, hate it! But the insurance is beyond expensive!
    I just looked at insurance on a little 1.2 corsa and ****ing hell, 1800insurance on diamond even with my mum on it. what the ****!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    I'm 20, no idea, and my mum would never let me near her brand new car! haha lucky you

My brother has his own car to pay for soon, he is buying a ford focus for £4,000 and will need a few £ to get it insured. he's going to pay for my first car and insurance and then after the first month I'll be left to pay for it myself, we agreed when I sell the car that we share what money we get from the sale. The car will only cost about £500-£700 to buy and about £300 to insure per month. £300 per month is very expensive for insurance though. I also live in quite a high risk postcode which pushes up the price a little.

You are slightly older than me so therefore your quotes should be a little less than mine, maybe even more so depending on your postcode area. I say expect quotes from at least £270 per month upwards if you are not going on anyone else's policy but your own for a car with an engine size as little as a 1.3.1.5.

If you are a girl you are likely to get your quote as what half I'd be paying as girls quotes are much less expensive than what they are for boys

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.