x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls - I Need Your Advice watch

Announcements
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I'd consider jewellery to be wayyy too OTT and definitely a romantic situation.

Photo album/book, cd, film you've talked about/something more personal would be much more appreciated IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prime500)
    You weren't joking about them being expensive, lol. Still, I think that she might like them. One question though, if someone gave it to you on the basis of being friends, would you consider it as a bit over the top? The reason I ask is that I don't want it to be overtly romantic or anything, I would just like it to be a nice gesture.

Thanks again for the suggestion.
    there are a lot of copy's to get if that's an option and their sold on eBay a lot cheaper (both new and used)

ReputationRep:
    You weren't joking about them being expensive, lol. Still, I think that she might like them. One question though, if someone gave it to you on the basis of being friends, would you consider it as a bit over the top? The reason I ask is that I don't want it to be overtly romantic or anything, I would just like it to be a nice gesture.

Thanks again for the suggestion.
    Hmm yes, I think I would cry and then maybe faint if a singular friend got me a pandora, so maayyyybe a bit OTT... I think the photo frame suggestions and friendship bracelets are also a good idea, I mean in my village there are lots of shops which sell beautiful handmade bracelets which aren't too extortionate.. Something like that might be nice my friend went to Italy and had a leather bracelet made for me with my name on it before I moved schools, I wear it everyday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)

Photo album/book, cd, film you've talked about/something more personal would be much more appreciated IMO.
    Okay, it's not exactly mega bucks or anything, but what about this:

http://www.pandora.net/en-gb/jewelle...s?page=2#page2

The bracelet on the bottom left of that page is quite restrained, nothing over the top or anything. What do you think?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Okay, it's not exactly mega bucks or anything, but what about this:

http://www.pandora.net/en-gb/jewellery/ranges/bracelets?page=2#page2

The bracelet on the bottom left of that page is quite restrained, nothing over the top or anything. What do you think?
    NO NO NO NO NO!

Plus you never just buy the bracelet with Pandora, that's the basic bracelets, you have to buy the charms as well!

If you're really keen to do jewellery, something like earrings are a lot less romantic, or if you know she has a charm bracelet, get her a charm for it! But seriously, in my opinion if you are trying to show friendship jewellery, especially not expensive jewellery is not the way to go!

ReputationRep:
    NO NO NO NO NO!

Plus you never just buy the bracelet with Pandora, that's the basic bracelets, you have to buy the charms as well!

If you're really keen to do jewellery, something like earrings are a lot less romantic, or if you know she has a charm bracelet, get her a charm for it! But seriously, in my opinion if you are trying to show friendship jewellery, especially not expensive jewellery is not the way to go!
    lol ok then.

ReputationRep:

OK, I think I have the perfect idea:

http://www.gettingpersonal.co.uk/eng...act-Mirror.htm

It's a compact mirror, which isn't overly romantic, and the message I'm getting engraved on it will be something like:

'For (Her Name)
    I'll be thinking of you
    Love from (My Name)'

It'll be nothing over the top, but I think it's quite personal and shows that I care about her. I know it's not overly expensive or anything, but I think it's the thought that counts, and I'm sure she'll appreciate it.

What do you think?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    OK, I think I have the perfect idea:

http://www.gettingpersonal.co.uk/engraved-gifts/engraved-Silver-Compact-Mirror.htm

It's a compact mirror, which isn't overly romantic, and the message I'm getting engraved on it will be something like:

'For (Her Name)
    I'll be thinking of you
    Love from (My Name)'

It'll be nothing over the top, but I think it's quite personal and shows that I care about her. I know it's not overly expensive or anything, but I think it's the thought that counts, and I'm sure she'll appreciate it.

What do you think?
    Like the idea...although your engraving sounds kinda creepy...

Something like "good luck" or "i'll miss you" is a lot less creepy then "I'll be thinking of you"

ReputationRep:
    I think, instead of getting her a present that she may/may not like... you should offer to take her out. If she kind of backs away; just say it is as friends... Then, if you want to impress her further; flowers. Every girl loves flowers, and say more about you than a box of chocolates. If you don't fancy the night out (which i seriously suggest) then get her flowers (not the really cheap ones that die within a day, as it'll make her think she wasn't ''worth'' much to you) and well, a nice piece of jewellery cant really fail. rings=no go unless you know her size, nothing worse than you getting a girl a ring and it being too small. earings= make sure she has her ears pierced. i think necklaces are a sure win, or a bracelet... can't be too small! hope this helped and mail me if you ever need advice

ReputationRep:
    Like the idea...although your engraving sounds kinda creepy...

Something like "good luck" or "i'll miss you" is a lot less creepy then "I'll be thinking of you"
    Don't think it would be 'creepy', as we've been close friends for years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becilouise)
    I think, instead of getting her a present that she may/may not like... you should offer to take her out. If she kind of backs away; just say it is as friends... Then, if you want to impress her further; flowers. Every girl loves flowers, and say more about you than a box of chocolates. If you don't fancy the night out (which i seriously suggest) then get her flowers (not the really cheap ones that die within a day, as it'll make her think she wasn't ''worth'' much to you) and well, a nice piece of jewellery cant really fail. rings=no go unless you know her size, nothing worse than you getting a girl a ring and it being too small. earings= make sure she has her ears pierced. i think necklaces are a sure win, or a bracelet... can't be too small! hope this helped and mail me if you ever need advice
    Thanks for the advice, it was very helpful. I think I may well need to mail you from time to time, I'm rubbish with girls, as you can probably tell, lol. Thanks for the offer.

The idea I had was a card with a nice message in it, with the mirror with the engraving in a gift bag, and then maybe some flowers. I don't actually intend to make it overtly romantic or anything, just to let her know how much she means to me. (BTW I don't mean to sound all cheesy or anything, I just need some advice as I don't want to screw this up).

ReputationRep:
    I like the mirror idea It's not ott and it's something she'd use everyday, and will remind her of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananacake14)
    I like the mirror idea It's not ott and it's something she'd use everyday, and will remind her of you
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks for the advice.

I was thinking of telling her how much I like her her last day, and giving her a card with a message in it, and I was thinking of getting her jewellery, maybe a bracelet or a necklace, I'm not sure, I'm rubbish at this sort of thing. I understand how its difficult if you don't know the person, but I appreciate the suggestions
    Yeah i think thats a great idea, maybe a braclet & a card with a message in it, that's got a few private jokes and how much you've grown to like her. I'd appreciate the card with the message more then anything though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arielle)
    It's hard without knowing what the girl is like, but flowers are a fail-safe! To be honest though, I think it would mean more to her if you told her how much she really meant to you at work rather than getting her a commercial gift. Get her something stupid like flowers or chocolate but then tell her how much of a great time you had with her and the great deal she meant to you.
    I second this.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your budget. A compilation of her favourite tunes already uploaded to an apple ipad... with photos of you together also saved in the same gadget.

ReputationRep:
    A simple silver bracelet from Links or Thomas Sabo. You can always add a charm which would be personal to the two of you. It's also timeless.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Don't think it would be 'creepy', as we've been close friends for years.
    Maybe it's just me, but whenever someone says "I'll be thinking of you" I imagine them being all kinda creepy and slimy and ewwww

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's just me, but whenever someone says "I'll be thinking of you" I imagine them being all kinda creepy and slimy and ewwww
    lol well I can assure you she won't think I'm 'slimy'.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    lol well I can assure you she won't think I'm 'slimy'.
    Then that sounds lovely

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.