Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Revision watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It's now only 4 weeks until my GCSEs start, and I haven't exactly done a lot of revision yet . What can I do to make sure that I get all of my predicted As and Bs in all of my 13 exams?

ReputationRep:
    why don't you start by looking at threads and posts made by other gcse students, asking the exact same thing?

ReputationRep:
    or get off the computer, pick up a pencil, get some paper, get your revision guide and start writing

ReputationRep:
    I've tried writing, but it never works for me...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...evision%20help

ReputationRep:
    It's GCSE. You don't need to revise.

If you're really worried though, 4 weeks is enough time, just start now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heartskippedabeat)
    It's GCSE. You don't need to revise.

If you're really worried though, 4 weeks is enough time, just start now.
    wise words... (seriously) we can get by a lot of it with common sense I think...
    though my english and DT could use a little work

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, kick yourself, pick up a textbook, paper and a pen and start. Once you get going it's much easier, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duddles95)
    I've tried writing, but it never works for me...
    Then there are spider diagrams, tables, highlighting notes, reading notes, talking it over with a friend, past papers etc.

experiment a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks - these are exactly the words I need to get started. You're comment is the kick up the behind what I really need...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alian)
    Then there are spider diagrams, tables, highlighting notes, reading notes, talking it over with a friend, past papers etc.

experiment a bit.
    Thank you - all of these comments from people are great. I will definitely be taking all of these into account. Plus, I need to read all of "To Kill a Mockingbird" in a month. Is there anywhere where I can download a free audiobook version other than from Librivox - I concentrate better when I'm reading and listening.

ReputationRep:
    Just look over all your notes, I'm starting on monday but I'm going to make powerpoints of notes as I can't be bothered to write stuff out, lol, and do past papers.

Why neg..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Implo)
    Just look over all your notes, I'm starting on monday but I'm going to make powerpoints of notes as I can't be bothered to write stuff out, lol, and do past papers.
    Thanks - I was thinking of doing past papers, and I only considered doing Powerpoints until now. How many exams have you got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duddles95)
    Thanks - I was thinking of doing past papers, and I only considered doing Powerpoints until now. How many exams have you got?
    I have 11 :P I'm going to do powerpoints for Science and English for my texts and business studies.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.