Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What hand do you write with? Left
    What hand do you hold a book with? Left
    What hand do you use to turn the pages? Right
    Do you turn pages from the top or bottom of a book? Bottom

ReputationRep:
    Left-handed, hold a book with both hands, turn pages with my left hand from the bottom.

I don't see why anybody would turn from the top, that means your hand gets in the way of your reading?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Right handed
    Hold a book with my left hand
    turn pages with my right
    turn pages from the top

ReputationRep:
    Left-handed.
    Hold the book with both hands, same with turning pages.
    I turn the page at the middle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by speedbird)
    Me too. I'm right handed but usually use my left hand for most other things. For example when I open a bottle of water I hold it with my right hand and turn it with my left, or when I'm eating crisps I hold the pack with my right and eat with my left.
    Im exactly the same. My sister, who is left handed, does the things that I do left handed, right handed.. if that makes sense. We are like a mirror image!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Journeyzap)
    I'm right-handed.
    I hold the book in my left hand. I don't use any hand to turn the pages, I just sort of release the page from my thumb and collect it under the next thumb. If it is a large book where that is not possible, I use my right hand at the top of the page.
    Me too. But when I'm eating and reading, I hold the book with my left hand, and turn the page from the bottom with my left hand.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.