Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I go to a party without knowing anyone? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My friend told me she had a free house Saturday night and was having a party I should go to ... I have no idea how big or small it's going to be or anyone else that's going aside from two girls I've kind of met through her.

Is it a good idea to go anyway and how should I approach people, I don't want to be standing in a corner like a ****!

THANKS

ReputationRep:
    Go, your lucky you have friends to invite you

ReputationRep:
    Go, get wasted. You'll have a laugh, and either people will think you're cool and you'll make a load of friends, or all you'll do is weird out a load of people you don't know and never have to see again anyway. Either way you'll have fun being drunk. A win-win, no?

ReputationRep:
    No, sit at home on TSR instead! :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Bring weed, and marvel at all your newfound friends.

Go. You can always leave if its rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    Yh you should go that way you will meet new people and won't regret not going, instead of staying at home.

ReputationRep:
    GO!!! you're more likely to regret going than you are not going

ReputationRep:
    Of course you should go! Meeting people is better than being with the same old people, or sitting around with boring friends, or sitting on the internet haha. Go, make the most of whatever and whoever is there.

ReputationRep:
    Go bang a stranger. No one finds out. #WINNING

ReputationRep:
    You know your friend its a start, few drinks, mingle and make new friends.

Winning!

ReputationRep:
    Of course - at least you'll meet new people and of course,

BOOZE :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Go! I went to a party a few weeks back where I only knew one person, and it was great I wasn't even drinking and I still enjoyed myself, honestly, it's much better than the alternative, if that's sitting at home not doing anything.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should go
    Bring some snacks/drinks along to set a good impression

ReputationRep:
    ... so I didn't go! I fully planned to but she didn't tell me exactly where she lived and I couldn't get hold of her so I spent the evening feeling rejected and lonely!
    Feeling a little better now in my pyjamas

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.