Turn on thread page Beta

What are the advantages and disadvantages of Academy status for schools watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und)
    Sorry, I don't follow. Can you clarify what you mean?

The local council are doing pretty shockingly, so to get rid of responsibility for education in the area, they've basically told all schools that they want them to become academies in the next two years.
    My new school is becoming an academy as soon as possible, because otherwise next year, it'll be a forced takeover and then my school won't get to pick their partner school/company, which is obviously bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juliewho)
    The local council are doing pretty shockingly, so to get rid of responsibility for education in the area, they've basically told all schools that they want them to become academies in the next two years.
    My new school is becoming an academy as soon as possible, because otherwise next year, it'll be a forced takeover and then my school won't get to pick their partner school/company, which is obviously bad
    I didn't know they needed to have a partner school/company. Sounds awful :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und)
    I didn't know they needed to have a partner school/company. Sounds awful :/
    It is. Luckily, both the schools i've been to that have been/are becoming academies have been partnered with other schools, and not any religious organisations or anything.

My sister stayed at the old place and shes in y7 - she has four days of "new generation" learning, which is english maths and science, in one room, with one teacher. The other day she does "synergy" which is pe/art/music, and once every two weeks they have a "deep learning" challenge where they make stuff out of bricks. It just makes me facepalm D:

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.