Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Does anyone have a case study on weathering that I could use?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manutd27)
    Hi

Does anyone have a case study on weathering that I could use?

Thanks
    cliff colapse? Not sure but our course dont cover weathering

ReputationRep:
    walton-on-the-naze

mainly clay cliffs so there has been a lot undercutting of the cliff plus long shore drift doesnt help. you can see how much the cliff has disappered just by looking at the old pill boxes from ww2 (i think) since they now sit in the sea a fair distance away.

however they have tried rip-rap, beach nourishment and then groynes for the longshore drift.

hope that helps. you could get some information from google im sure if you need more info that i have given you above about walton-on-the-naze

edit: not much on weathering, more on the sea. They have also regraded the cliff due to a huge issue of free-thaw weatering, and then have put a mesh on the regraded part to help hold the cliff together- im not sure what its called since i havent done weathering in so long.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.