Turn on thread page Beta

Gf bleeding on all contraception.... watch

Announcements

Keep anon please.

So she started off on the pill. She was on the pill before we started going out to stop period pains.
    Well she lost her v to me, she did bleed her first time and i thought that was normal. But she bled almost every time we had sex, and this is months after she first lost her v.
    So because of this she went on the injection. She has now been on the injection for about 2 months. All was well with no bleeding until yesterday. Basically about 8 days ago she said she thought she was on her period because she was getting stomach ache and her mood changed. Well we had sex yesterday (so thats a week later, so surely she is off her period?) and she bled again, quite heavily as well.

The weird thing is she doesnt bleed normally, she only does it when we have sex, it sort of comes out in a sperm and blood mix (lovely i know).

What could be the cause? She is always wet enough before we do anything so i know its nothing to do with that. She has also been 'looked at' and checked for STI's (pointless as she was a virgin and im clean) and she has no STI's and she is all ok down below.

Any help would be useful, from what she has told me the doctors are useless.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If she's only bleeding when she has sex then it might not be to do with contraception....when I went on the pill I bled for a few months but it was non-stop not just after sex. Maybe there's some other issue? Are you quite "large?" Maybe she should go to the doctors and have an examination.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she should go to the Dr's. Like the poster above, I doubt it has anything to do with the contraception.
    I have a friend who bled every time (pretty much) when she had sex, but she continues to ignore it.

She has had an examination, all clear

ReputationRep:
    Maybe take her to a different doctor. I don't think it's normal to bleed during sex after all those months since she lost her virginity, yeah maybe the first couple of times but not after months. Even if you are large down below that shouldn't make a different because her body should be well aquainted with you inside her by now.

Anyway don't take any of our advice as 100% right, just keep going to different doctors if the ones you've already been to are useless. And if no one at the GP helps you then maybe you should contact the hospital and say that even though she haven't been referred by a doctor, none of them have been helpful whatsoever and you think your gf needs to be properly looked at.

Hope everything works out ok .

poor girl

She should come off the contraception. I used to have a lot of bleeding for months after using hormonal contraception. Seriously, it can just carry on for aaages with some people. And it can be so unpredictable too. It really sucks, not just because it's a hassle and kind of unpleasant, but it really impacts how much you can relax during sex.

Seriously, just use condoms. It isn't worth it. She's going to worry that she might start bleeding every time she's about to have sex with you. Every time you're doing it it'll be at the back of her mind 'am I bleeding?' She won't be fully relaxed. And as she was a virgin before it's especially important that she feels confident and happy in what's going on. I know guys always make such a fuss about how condoms 'don't feel good' so it can be difficult for some girls to insist on not using hormonal contraception, but I can promise you she'll appreciate you so much more for putting her health and well-being first!

P.S. could it be that you finger her first and cut her with your nails? Probably not if you say that there's loads of blood but I'm just putting the idea out there.

P.P.S. It might not actually be a huge amount of blood? even a little bit of blood can look like a lot when it's mixed in with sperm.

anyone else?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.