Turn on thread page Beta

About to start revising for A grades. Any tips and HELP watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, well i have not concentrated this year and failed my jan moduals (retakes this summer). I have a month left till my exams start and i am basicly going to try and pull off the greatest cram evaarr. I need to learn the information and not revise it. Here are my exams (all AQA)

Biology unit 1/2
    Psychology A unit 1/2
    English Lit

Any tips on using the easter holidays to the fullest and actually getting all high A grades. Any study tips, memorisation tips, organisational tips, and mostly as this is why i failed EXAM TECHNIQUE TIPS. cheers guys and good luck with the revision

ReputationRep:
    Don't sleep and eat and you'll do fine.

Edit: WTF with the neg rep? Retards.

ReputationRep:
    Every past paper and keyterms/formulae

ReputationRep:
    I got 100% in BIOL1 in January, there is two things you can do to easily get an A.

First, buy a CGP revision guide - http://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/pages/prod...ist=as_science

Read it, memorize it, do a small amount each day.

Then when you feel you have enough knowledge do past papers, all of them, many times, you'd be surprised how many times they repeat the questions!

ReputationRep:
    You're doing the same subjects I did last year (except I'm with edexcel for biology) so I'll try to give you a few pointers

Biology - Make sure you have notes on everything and that you understand it as you're going through, since that generally means you'll need less revision later on. I was told it was a bit strange but, after this, I went through each page of the textbook and wrote out questions concerning everything I'd need to know. Then I went through again and wrote down the answers. And then I typed them up into flashcards. The constant repetition made it so that I barely needed to use the flashcards once I had them. And obviously, past papers are key: often the questions are very similar, and looking through the mark schemes will help you to learn what they want from you in the exam.

Psychology - I'm not sure I'll be entirely helpful here, since I just read the textbook over and over. It might be useful to condense theories/studies down and again, go over past papers!

English - Are you doing spec A or B? If you're doing B they'll ask you a question on a specific chapter, so chapter summary sheets with key aspects of narrative are a good idea. It's an open book exam, but it's always useful if you know as much as possible because it can waste so much time flicking through the books and trying to find points. In general, I'd advise you to write as many practice essays as possible and learn the basic points, as often the same topics will come up in the exam. It's also a good idea to learn themes and have points learned for each.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mclovin123)
    Hey guys, well i have not concentrated this year and failed my jan moduals (retakes this summer). I have a month left till my exams start and i am basicly going to try and pull off the greatest cram evaarr. I need to learn the information and not revise it. Here are my exams (all AQA)

Biology unit 1/2
    Psychology A unit 1/2
    English Lit

Any tips on using the easter holidays to the fullest and actually getting all high A grades. Any study tips, memorisation tips, organisational tips, and mostly as this is why i failed EXAM TECHNIQUE TIPS. cheers guys and good luck with the revision
    Try and do 6 hours a day- 1 hour of each subject in the morning and one hour in the afternoon/evening

ReputationRep:
    Split your time up, 20 minute bursts of revision with 10 minute breaks is better than hours and hours a revision. Create an exam timetable and stick to it, keep doing different subjects each day so you don't get bored. Do past papers, read the mark schemes and then read the examiners reports. Remember to leave time for breaks some fresh air is always good especially with the nice weather we are having at the moment. That's about it really and stick to your usual methods of revising for example don't go around experimenting with all nighters or stuff like. Remember to have enough sleep so you stay focused.

ReputationRep:
    If you're doing english, then try and work on your spelling. E.g. moduals should be modules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mclovin123)

Biology unit 1/2
    Psychology A unit 1/2
    English Lit

I have the 2nd bio exam, c1 c2 and stats for maths, both chemistries and 2 geography papers, trust me, you've got it easy.

But for biology, I made huge mid maps for each unit to amke sure that you don't miss anything, go through the textbook when you're making the mindmap and making sure you understand the key words is vital.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.