Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    I've squatted in plimsolls before.
    I would have thought you'd need some arch and heel support to do any serious squatting, not some cheap fabric glued onto a flat plastic sole. That sort of stuff can cause chondromalacia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baffled_mathman)
    There are so many I could list on the rower, but then as a 17:29/5000m person I can spot them easily. But it's amazing how few people can coordinate their body properly.
    I see people pull the handle up to their CHEST, gripping the handle with their hands too close together, extending their legs when the handle is nowhere near their body (or vice versa, legs bent with handle into body). I've even seen people watching the TV while rowing! And the number of people who only move through a small distance in each stroke...

Edit: here's a video of someone who looks like some people I've seen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjhp83qP2MA
    The rowing machine at our gym is on the oppisite side to the tvs, but directly parrallel to the weights which have mirrors, I can normally catch it on the reflection if someones not in the way.

ReputationRep:
    I read on cardio machines. I'm a student and I always have a ton of work, and that's the best way for me to get some exercise without feeling really guilty about putting off work. Also, staying on a cardio machine for an hour gets really boring. I don't think it's that strange...

ReputationRep:
    Saw a woman crying on the treadmill watching comic relief a few weeks ago, which was pretty funny, also saw a middle aged bloke doing his pubes in the mirror with a hairdryer!

And finally not a strange sight but one that infuriates me, fat lazy women just standing on that vibration plate thing as if suddenly they are going to lose their fat ass by doing no work whatsoever.

This is all at a David Lloyd btw, full of *****.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get the guys who do weights in really thick hoodies and tracksuits. I always think they must just be boiling and sweat them up everytime.

ReputationRep:
    Woman making sex sounds while changing back into her clothes after swimming! She wasn't in a cubicle, she was in the bit where anyone can change! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    5) People wearing plimsolls (mainly young men)...weird, just weird!
    What's weird about that? It's a gym not a fashion show.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einheri)
    What's weird about that? It's a gym not a fashion show.
    Maybe you're one of the ones I mean then. I also saw a man training in Doc Martens..so that's not weird either, it's not a fashion show after all.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you're one of the ones I mean then. I also saw a man training in Doc Martens..so that's not weird either, it's not a fashion show after all.
    I powerlift so I wear lifting shoes, they help with form and prevent injury otherwise I'd wear whatever - even plimsolls or Docs. If someone is just there to do curls, use the excercise bike or whatever then I don't see what the issue with wearing plimsolls would possibly be. The most important thing is that they're clean.

ReputationRep:
    hey i am going to the gym to build a good body, soft hands and all

looking after your hands is like cutting your nails, cleaning your ears having a showr etc. It doesn't make you gay, it makes you clean.....

ReputationRep:
    3) People going "backwards" on the cross trainer...freaks!
    ive never gone backwards on a cross trainer but a LOT of people at my gym do. why is it weird? i thought it focussed on different muscle groups?
    the machines that i use have a 'backwards mode' so it cant be that strange.

ReputationRep:
    guy in spandex shorts with a boner.
    woman with huge boobs that bouce when running on treadmill.

ReputationRep:
    so many people have awful ergo technique... it annoys me way too much... >

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnamon_Twist)
    guy in spandex shorts with a boner.
    woman with huge boobs that bouce when running on treadmill.
    can't really be helped though, can it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    to be fair, they could invest in a decent sports bra

ReputationRep:
    two guys stretching each other out..

ReputationRep:
    Groups of guys stretching in the changing rooms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)

(Original post by MissLightyear)
    to be fair, they could invest in a decent sports bra
    THIS! I am pretty sure she was braless! There is just no need!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnamon_Twist)
    THIS! I am pretty sure she was braless! There is just no need!
    I see people running all the time near enough giving themselves black eyes! It really isnt that much effort or cost to get a decent sports bra. Just makes it awkward for everyone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grinning)
    I don't like seeing women at the gym, it's like get back to the kitchen or the ironing bored. the gym is the place where men work out, women shouldn't be allowed imo. annoying that all these feminists are pushing their way into the man's world, we don't invade their world they shouldn't invade ours.
    What?!?:confused:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.