Turn on thread page Beta

Strange sights at the gym! watch

ReputationRep:
    I once saw 2 guys doing sit ups, but one would punch the other in the stomach between reps. It was hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baffled_mathman)
    3) People going "backwards" on the cross trainer...freaks!
    Why is this weird?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ventura7)
    annoying when girls just stand around doing nothing and being all embarrassed, you overhear them like, "I cant run or lift weights or do that etc", Then why the **** did you come to a gym!
    to learn how?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Why is this weird?
    If you don't know, I'm not telling you.

(Hint: how many people have you seen running backwards on the treadmill or street?)

ReputationRep:
    Seen a guy spend 40 mins + just doing assisted chin ups before...

Starting at about 10kg of assist and by the end he had 60 or 70kg of assist and he was a small guy so was probably only chinning about 5kg by the end...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iainthegreat)
    I once saw 2 guys doing sit ups, but one would punch the other in the stomach between reps. It was hilarious.
    That actually makes sense. That's not uncommon in boxing/muay thai/MMA gyms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baffled_mathman)
    If you don't know, I'm not telling you.

(Hint: how many people have you seen running backwards on the treadmill or street?)
    Running backwards as fast as I could used to be one of many drills I had to do when I was training for badminton.

ReputationRep:
    I once saw these 2 brown guys doing crunches. One guy was doing the crunches, the other was standing over him throwing a medicine ball at his abs as hard as he could. Then one time his throw was wayward and the ball smacked the guy in the face. I remember I was doing military press at the time and i almost dropped the bar on my head.

Another time, this skinny black guy (you know, the kind who just do a set of everything and then leave) came into the gym wearing one of those yellow gold's gym stringer vests (like the ones arnie used to wear http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mC1TEdZ4gk...gspot.com).JPG). It just looked absurd. To legitimately wear one of those, you have to have at least a 45 inch chest, 17 inch arms and weigh 220lbs.

In other news...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGXzhWQDkic

:curious:

ReputationRep:
    One of the first few times I went, I spotted a pair of ladies who were following me around the gym and doing what I was doing. They'd sit and watch me (and the occasional other person on the same equipment) for about 10 minutes, then would do it themselves for a couple of minutes, so that when I got off and moved on, they'd finish a minute after and then follow me on to the next. Creeped me out a little as I was new to it all.

ReputationRep:
    to learn how?
    what you on about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ventura7)
    what you on about?
    Maybe the reason they're at the gym is to learn what to do?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the reason they're at the gym is to learn what to do?
    why do they not even attempt it then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC armani)
    I once saw these 2 brown guys doing crunches. One guy was doing the crunches, the other was standing over him throwing a medicine ball at his abs as hard as he could. Then one time his throw was wayward and the ball smacked the guy in the face. I remember I was doing military press at the time and i almost dropped the bar on my head.
    I've seen this before, again during my time on work experience at the gym. Three asians, two pretty hench ones then like there fat cousin - he was honestly obese - and basically they'd each take turns laying on the floor whilst the other threw the medicine balls starting at 2kg and going up to 10kg at his chest 10 times for the lighter ones, then about twice when it got to 10kg. Anyway I was holding back the laughs as this fat one basically got abused, by the end he was practically crying with pain.

ReputationRep:
    2 Guys come in, one with his gf. They start doing appauling curls, having the spotter assisting every rep. After a couple of sets each, they setup a bar for 90kg, with the girl looking very bored/embarressed. They do 1 dangerously formed deadlift each, sit around huffing and puffing for 10 minutes and then walk out.

The mind boggles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    can't really be helped though, can it? :rolleyes:
    I can hold them still.

ReputationRep:
    I see so much weird stuff at my gym.

Obviously there is the whole changing room nakedness thing. For some reason the lockers are behind a bench sort of thing, so if your sitting down and someone leans over you, full on **** and balls in face situation.

There are these two blokes that come in my gym, not particularly fat or skinny. But every time they just walk next to each other on the treadmill for over an hour, quite often wearing jeans and a jacket. They can't be any older than 25 either.

ReputationRep:
    Well because i look about 12 everybody gives me an odd look.
    Once 2 10 year olds managed to get in and were so annoying running around :\

ReputationRep:
    Half the weird things u see are probably not weird just half of them you don't understand. Like the first time I saw ppl foam rolling I was like WTF

(Original post by Dibs_anim)
    two guys stretching each other out..
    Probably assisting each other in PNF stretching

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloodbath)
    Half the weird things u see are probably not weird just half of them you don't understand. Like the first time I saw ppl foam rolling I was like WTF
    Probably assisting each other in PNF stretching
    the guy bending/stretching the other was making some moaning sounds, management at the gym actually approached one of the guys after...

ReputationRep:
    I'm numbers 1) and 2). I'm just too terrified to let go and start jogging! :O

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.