Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied or secured a place at either Fountainbridge or Grove yet?

ReputationRep:
    I am going there in September I will book it at the end of May.

ReputationRep:
    I attended a showflat and booked a studio (Fountainbridge building )

ReputationRep:
    What type of studio have you booked?

ReputationRep:
    Ive paid down the deposit on a platinum studio at grove street, have only looked on the videos and they look pretty damn amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I am currently living in grove street. It's great here and the flat is lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachely)
    I am currently living in grove street. It's great here and the flat is lovely
    Are they as good as they look on the videos then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marzocchi)
    Are they as good as they look on the videos then?
    Well I'm not sure about the studios, I'm in a 5 bedroom flat. The pictures definitely make the rooms look bigger than they are, but I'm still pretty happy with the size! The kitchen is a nice size too. I would imagine the pictures make the studios look bigger too. Will you be moving into a single studio or a shared flat?

ReputationRep:
    moving into a single studio for first year, might get a shared flat their for second year maybe In the pictures they do look pretty big but I'm sure i'll be happy with it.

ReputationRep:
    Ive paid down the deposit on a platinum studio at grove street, have only looked on the videos and they look pretty damn amazing.
    Platinum... are you going to live alone?

ReputationRep:
    I ve booked a platinum studio, 7th floor :-)
    (Original post by OndrejC2)
    What type of studio have you booked?

ReputationRep:
    I am going for platinum too With my gilfriend ... IQ looks amazing, can´t wait to go there.
    Does somebody have some nice IQ pictures??

ReputationRep:
    Great:-) so I guess we ll be neighbors! the studio is great , and the staff is very friendly. I dont have any pictures though!
    I am going for platinum too With my gilfriend ... IQ looks amazing, can´t wait to go there.

ReputationRep:
    Same boat as you then wouldnt mind seeing some pictures from actual students to see what they are like

ReputationRep:
    Same boat as you then wouldnt mind seeing some pictures from actual students to see what they are like
    thats right... you best behave yourself or i will tell your mum...

ReputationRep:
    I have already booked a Studio at 5th floor - Fountain

ReputationRep:
    In case you did´t know, there is a official IQ Student Accommodation (Edinburgh) discussion for new students.

Fountainbridge
    Grove Street

ReputationRep:
    In case you did´t know, there is a official IQ Student Accommodation (Edinburgh) discussion for new students.

Fountainbridge
    Groove Street

im sorry but its grove not groove

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted some opinions...I'm going to be a postgrad at Napier come September but my offer is conditional so can't book a place until I get my degree class end of June/start of July.

Anyone reckon the iQ places are better than say, Wrights Houses? I probably can't afford a studio flat so would be living with others in the iQ place anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newt60)
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted some opinions...I'm going to be a postgrad at Napier come September but my offer is conditional so can't book a place until I get my degree class end of June/start of July.

Anyone reckon the iQ places are better than say, Wrights Houses? I probably can't afford a studio flat so would be living with others in the iQ place anyway.
    They said, that I can book now and in case of not reaching my conditions, they will give me my money back. So you can book now, withou any problems, but email them to in case of whatever

IQ is more comfortable and en-suite

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 6, 2016

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.