Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, that's all great information. I am currently trying to decide if, as a postgrad student, it's better to be in one of the halls (with an ensuite) or at IQ. But I quite like the idea of having my own space in a studio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by americangirl17)
    Thanks, that's all great information. I am currently trying to decide if, as a postgrad student, it's better to be in one of the halls (with an ensuite) or at IQ. But I quite like the idea of having my own space in a studio.
    The own space is why i went to get a place at IQ really, will be easier to study as you have your own place, which wont be in a small room.

ReputationRep:
    Are the En-suite bedrooms type 4 very small??
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by newt60)
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted some opinions...I'm going to be a postgrad at Napier come September but my offer is conditional so can't book a place until I get my degree class end of June/start of July.

Anyone reckon the iQ places are better than say, Wrights Houses? I probably can't afford a studio flat so would be living with others in the iQ place anyway.
    We certainly think so, why don't you come and view the show flats, open Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm. There's a special offer on en suites at the moment, but only limited availability.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by SMB-93)
    Are the En-suite bedrooms type 4 very small??
    All the en suite bedrooms are a good size and type 4 is the biggest. They have fitted furniture and lots of storage to make the best use of the space. There's also lots of communal spaces at iQ Edinburgh so I'm sure you'll have plenty of room. Why not see what other students have said on the testimonial section of the website? http://www.iq-student-accommodation....ials#Edinburgh
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by i.s.a.)
    I'm doing a msc by research in biomedical science. What about you?

is any students residence quiet enough?!
    btw, iQ only has 43 weeks contracts? A masters degree lasts longer than that and I wouldn't like to be moving during the year...
    You have the option of either 43 or 50 week contracts at iQ Fountainbridge so the choice is yours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iQ Student Accommodation)
    All the en suite bedrooms are a good size and type 4 is the biggest. They have fitted furniture and lots of storage to make the best use of the space. There's also lots of communal spaces at iQ Edinburgh so I'm sure you'll have plenty of room. Why not see what other students have said on the testimonial section of the website? http://www.iq-student-accommodation....ials#Edinburgh
    Thanks^^
    And can you tell me
    a) how far the accomodation is from Edinburgh Napier or rather how long it takes to get there?
    and b) whether iQ accomodation does open days for you to view the different types of rooms in person rather than on the internet???
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,

We actually have an open day this Saturday 21st May 10am - 4pm or we are open every weekday 9am-5:30pm if thats easier for you. It may be possible to arrange an appointment for you outside our normal opening times - just email us at [email protected].

It depends which Napier University campus you're attending but we're only 10 minutes walk from the city centre or there are bus stops nearby.

Will hopefully see you soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iQ Student Accommodation)
    Hi,

We actually have an open day this Saturday 21st May 10am - 4pm or we are open every weekday 9am-5:30pm if thats easier for you. It may be possible to arrange an appointment for you outside our normal opening times - just email us at [email protected].

It depends which Napier University campus you're attending but we're only 10 minutes walk from the city centre or there are bus stops nearby.

Will hopefully see you soon!
    Thank you very much =)

ReputationRep:
    Bit old I know, just thought I'd post though...booked a bronze flat with the boyfriend...considering the possibility of upgrading to a silver, can you go for viewings in Grove now since the building is taken over in Summer? We're also moving in a bit early, but not as early as my boyfriend's college course starts, eeek !

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody attending to IQ grove in September???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by david_ortega)
    Is anybody attending to IQ grove in September???
    I am

ReputationRep:
    Where are you? I'm in 77 Grove street studio 104.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to stay at IQ Edinburgh but cannot decide which studio to choose.

Can someone who stays currently in IQ Edinburgh tell me if I choose silver(or bronze+) instead of bronze, would it worth it?

Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    ^ I'm hoping to go for a studio silver, planning on having a nosey about next week when I go up to Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone attending to IQ grove in September 2012?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdcgpd)
    Is anyone attending to IQ grove in September 2012?
    I aaaam! Are you as well?

ReputationRep:
    I am! I booked a gold studio. What about you? Does anyone know how far it is from Heriot-Watt University?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdcgpd)
    I am! I booked a gold studio. What about you? Does anyone know how far it is from Heriot-Watt University?
    Awesome! I booked a silver studio. It's about a half an hour bus ride or so from Heriot-Watt, I think.

ReputationRep:
    I am also going to Grove in September 2012, I'm going to view a silver studio and put down a deposit today

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 6, 2016
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.