Turn on thread page Beta

Would you say it's possible for me to get AAAA at AS? watch

ReputationRep:
    For my January exams, I did no revision because I procrastinated so much.
    I received:
    Chemistry: B
    Maths, C1: B
    English Lit and Lang: C
    Psychology: C

I still haven't started revision, but was wondering whether it would be possible to pull my grades up if I started revising now?
    I'm retaking Psychology and English in June and planning to retake C1 and Chemistry in January next year.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Possible? Yes
    Likely? Probably not. but it'd be better to prove me wrong than just accept what I say

ReputationRep:
    Anything's possible - stop asking people on here about it and just give it your best shot.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever we say or you think, the best thing to do is go for it and revise as much as possible!

ReputationRep:
    Its never too late to turn it all around... if you just revise as much as you and do your best you would probably get better results than if you gave up now. You have the Easter break, I'm sure that will be enough to do some major revision before you get back to school, just plan your revision time effectively. Don't give up!

Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    I'd have to see some examples of your work- your grades are encouraging me to say no though.

ReputationRep:
    If you did NO revision whatsoever and got those grades, if you do put some work in - you have a chance. But don't mark my words, hard work is important. If you slack off, then it is really your fault. But if you do work for the next few weeks, you can pick up your reward on Results Day

ReputationRep:
    If you revise enough now, then you'll get good grades for the modules you're doing this summer. Don't do a repeat of the January exams... if you really want to do well, revise for six hours a day, six days a week for six weeks before your exams.
    Good luck

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.