Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's very interesting to meet different Europeans. I've met some I'm quite compatible with and a few foreign girls I like. Are cross-cultural relationships realistic or is it pie in the sky to think it would work as well, with say a Spanish girl,(when it comes down to religion, culture etc, me being athiest) as an English one? Anyone got any experience of this?

ReputationRep:
    Well, got to go offline now, but if you have any pearls for me.....rep is here

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why it wouldnt work in many instances. I mean people have relationships across races and cultures all the time. I guess it depends on how flexible people and their habits are. I bet not all Spanish people are devout catholics, so there's gonna be a bit of individual variation.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    It's very interesting to meet different Europeans. I've met some I'm quite compatible with and a few foreign girls I like. Are cross-cultural relationships realistic or is it pie in the sky to think it would work as well, with say a Spanish girl,(when it comes down to religion, culture etc, me being athiest) as an English one? Anyone got any experience of this?
    Why not? I really don't see why not, as long as both are attracted to one another then why shouldn't the relationships work?

I hope they do anyway!

ReputationRep:
    If they both have similar interests/activities and actually like or love each other then sure it could work

unless one is an indian and the other is a pakistani/muslim :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rzc)
    Why not? I really don't see why not, as long as both are attracted to one another then why shouldn't the relationships work?

I hope they do anyway!
    Well, I mean you can get on great initially, and be attracted. I mean, it'd be no problem with like a dutch woman, as they are so similar. But a spaniard with her family and lifestyle back there, plus catholicism etc, might be hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    Well, I mean you can get on great initially, and be attracted. I mean, it'd be no problem with like a dutch woman, as they are so similar. But a spaniard with her family and lifestyle back there, plus catholicism etc, might be hard.
    I don't see why though. You should respect their decisions and not want to change them, if you find that person great and attractive then I don't see why minor things such as religion should come in to it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j.laurence)
    If they both have similar interests/activities and actually like or love each other then sure it could work

unless one is an indian and the other is a pakistani/muslim :P

yeah

lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.