Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The Mail is reporting that Cameron and SWMBO* went on a budget holiday to Spain, flying Ryanair and staying in a relatively cheap hotel. The Mail even had some nice photos of them sitting in a shabby bar.

and waiting for their cheap flights at Stansted:

Is this just a cheap publicity stunt. We all know the PM is loaded, who would care if he went on holiday and stayed at a 5* hotel. He is the ruddy PM after all and earns over £100k per year. I wonder how this looks to other countries. Our PM can't even go on holiday to a place fitting of the leader of one of the G8 countries. Clearly I am not suggesting he should organise Bunga Bunga parties like Berlusconi but that there should be less crap like this.

Would anyone actually vote for him for not going to Monte Carlo, getting battered and sticking the defence budget** on black?

*SWMBO - She Who Must Be Obeyed
    **What's left of it

ReputationRep:
    This is a joke right?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully someone will shoot him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikoghoo)
    This is a joke right?
    This thread or the article?

Incidentally I forgot to post the source of so here it is:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rip-Spain.html

ReputationRep:
    Imagine the outcry if pictures appeared in the newspapers picturing him in the BA first class lounge and then just hanging out in a 5* resort amidst all the cuts and budget plans...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahGrace92)
    Imagine the outcry if pictures appeared in the newspapers picturing him in the BA first class lounge and then just hanging out in a 5* resort amidst all the cuts and budget plans...

Exactly.

As much as this appears as some lame OTT publicity stunt, the OP and people like him should just STFU.

ReputationRep:
    It's a publicity stunt? Kinda obvious, given the myriad of photo ops which have come about as a result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by js374)
    Is this just a cheap publicity stunt.
    Do you really have to ask??

ReputationRep:
    Sexy legs much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Do you really have to ask??
    I know but surely this is so blatant that it can in no way be beneficial.

(Original post by IndigoRockGirl)
    Sexy legs much?
    David or Samantha?

:sexface:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Meh who cares.

ReputationRep:
    I just think it's odd how people's opinions change so quickly.

If he was going first class and staying at 5* hotels the public would tear him to pieces for spending all this money despite job cuts etc etc

Now he's gone on a budget holiday people are tearing him apart for a 'cheap publicity stunt'. Although i must agree it's a pathetic attempt at securing public opinion.

He's got the money, he should be able to spend it (as he's earnt it) as he wishes......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by js374)

David or Samantha?
    Haha :teeth: David! Samantha is kind of meh tbh :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    It's their money, they can spend it however they wished........ also why is it anybody's business what type of holidays they go on.

In any case.... nothing wrong with a cheap and quiet holiday even if you're a G8 leader.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexGoose)
    I just think it's odd how people's opinions change so quickly.

If he was going first class and staying at 5* hotels the public would tear him to pieces for spending all this money despite job cuts etc etc

Now he's gone on a budget holiday people are tearing him apart for a 'cheap publicity stunt'. Although i must agree it's a pathetic attempt at securing public opinion.

He's got the money, he should be able to spend it (as he's earnt it) as he wishes......
    Don't get me wrong, I am not "tearing him apart" for going on a budget holiday. I am just wondering if people would actually care if he stayed in an expensive hotel. I wouldn't care if he stayed in a 5* hotel, as long as I wasn't paying for it. He has his own salary, just like everyone else, we should all be able to decide how we spend our own money, the PM included.

Looking at the first photo, Pepsi are paying them a lot of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by js374)
    Don't get me wrong, I am not "tearing him apart" for going on a budget holiday. I am just wondering if people would actually care if he stayed in an expensive hotel. I wouldn't care if he stayed in a 5* hotel, as long as I wasn't paying for it. He has his own salary, just like everyone else, we should all be able to decide how we spend our own money, the PM included.
    Well in my personal opinion I'd have to agree with you; if it's his money, he can go stay in the Burj Al Arab for all I care. The problem I have is that the news companies are making too big a deal out of this issue when actually there are more important things going on in the world then what he's doing for his holiday......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndigoRockGirl)
    Haha :teeth: David! Samantha is kind of meh tbh :dontknow:
    Incidentally, in true Private Eye style:

Horse

Samantha Cameron

ReputationRep:
    Whatever he does he will get slammed by people.

If he went first class, stayed in a 5* hotel and had all the amazing luxuries that being rich has he would get slammed for it

But he went on a budget holiday and still.... get slammed for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by js374)
    Incidentally, in true Private Eye style:

Horse

Samantha Cameron
    haha

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.