Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you had an unlimited budget, what five countries would you go to and why? watch

ReputationRep:
    As the title states.
    For me, it be Svalbard/Iceland to see the aurora borealis, penguins and polar bears.
    Brazil, to see the rainforest and the Rio de Janeiro beaches and cities.
    Kenya/Tanzania, want to go for a safari and see some wild tiger/lions/elephants etc.
    Japan/ Hong Kong, want to experience the bullet train and see the sites.
    Australia, just experience it.

What about yours?

ReputationRep:
    India - Always wanted to go there - for the culture, beaches and the Taj Mahal
    Peru - Machu Pichu, also just looks like a pretty cool place to visit
    Bolivia - I'd love to do the mountain biking down death road, would be so cool !
    Indonesia - My friends homeland, sounds a lush place with the beaches and wildlife
    And lastly, Norway - to see the northern lights, and the fjords etc

ReputationRep:
    Serbia - Not sure why really, but I like the music/like the idea of living in belgrade!
    Norway, it's all cutesy and pretty, has alot of interesting landscape too..
    China, i'd just love to experience that culture for a bit. I think it would be interesting
    Brazil, for the same reasons as you! it's all exotic, i'd love to see all of that.
    and then i'm not sure about the last one! probably Ukraine or something, and i'm not sure why either.. just appeals to me. Or Belarus, because I got to meet some children on a health visit to the Uk this year and it really moved me

ReputationRep:
    Russia, India, China, New Zealand, and Brazil. But there are so many more...

ReputationRep:
    Australia because I've always wanted to go there.
    Thailand to go to one of those full moon parties.
    Kenya to go on safari.
    Japan (once all the tsunami issues have been sorted out) because it seems really interesting.
    America because even though I don't like it, there's people I'd like to visit.

ReputationRep:
    Monaco - luxury like no other.
    Dubai (U.A.E...if you want to be pedantic) - parents were born there so I feel a connection to my roots, but more for the royalty treatment with an unlimited budget.
    Australia - great weather, great beaches
    Japan - great culture, Tokyo is an amazing city, to check out all the hi-tech the Japanese see as every-day gadgets.
    USA (California) - To chill out on the coast of Laguna beach.

ReputationRep:
    America - great place
    Tenerife - nice beaches and weather
    Australia- it has everything- almost if only it would rain there more
    Africa- ?
    Hawaii-?

ReputationRep:
    Russia, Cuba, Mexico, Syria, Tajikstan - why not?

ReputationRep:
    Hong Kong - I love cities especially ones close to water and I have a friend from there
    Australia - Just because i guess, again cities by the sea
    Kenya/Ethiopia - The food, safari and the food
    Ghana/Nigeria - I'd love to do a heritage search and see if I could trace my ancestry
    Seycelles - So that after all of that I could sit around and do absolutely nothing

ReputationRep:
    France: I love it and I want to go again.
    Canada: No idea, just really want to visit it.
    Egypt: (not right now, obvs)- not sure why
    Japan: (ditto) it just seems really interesting...
    America: Just for New York City

ReputationRep:
    New Zealand because it looks beautiful and would be amazing to hike.
    Norway to see the northern lights and an overall nice country.
    Tuvalu to stay at the beach and go sea kayaking.
    Peru to see Machu Pichu and the rainforest.
    Canada just to visit the country and see the boreal forests.

ReputationRep:
    USA (texas) - to see the real western/cowboy culture
    canada - always been a dream, iv heard some amazing stories from my step dad
    new zealand - again a child hood dream and stories fro my granny and grandad
    kenya/ghana - culture and to visit orphans and what not, would be amazing experience
    egypt - to take my mum as she says when me my brother and sister have all left home finally, shes gonna go back packing to eygypt and see the pyrimids. so i guess as this involves unlimited money, i may aswell take her to her dream land...

ReputationRep:
    Umm well
    japan. experience the culture, and well meet japanese women.
    china. same reason as above.
    south africa. to go on safari etc,
    the U.S but i think i would rather waite untill i'm 21 untill i can really enjoy it.
    and lasty maybe napal. would be nice to see the himalayas

ReputationRep:
    I would want to go to more than 5 really but if limited would properly be:

Australia,
    Canada,
    Honk Kong,
    South Africa,
    Somewhere in Antartica

All further afield than Europe and I could claim to have been on all 5 continents.

ReputationRep:
    Norway - Amazing place to visit. If only it wasn't so damn expensive (which isn't a problem with this criteria) :P
    Sweden - Stockholm is awesome. Would love to see the rest of the country too.
    Russia - Have wanted to visit Russia for a while now.
    Australia - I have a good friend there that I'd visit, lol.
    Canada - Again, i have a good friend there.

ReputationRep:
    Andorra - because for some reason I am slightly obsessed with this little principality.. (possibly due to the influence of Princess Diaries) plus it's next to France which I like, so I could catch a train there if needed.
    Australia - because I really want to visit the set of Neighbours. This also seems like a very good place to fry my egg on a really hot rock.
    Argentina - because that's where Patito Feo was made..
    Madagascar - because of the amazing wildlife that they have.
    Ecuador - because I would love the chance to climb a mountain there, and visit the amazon.

ReputationRep:
    Micronesia/ French Polynesia/ Vanuatu
    Tanzania/ Madagascar/ Mozambique
    Bhutan/ Indonesia
    Japan/ Uzbekistan
    USA/ Canada

Bonus ones would be Ecuador, Iceland, Morocco, Syria, Jordan, Seychelles, Sri Lanka, Colombia, Guatemala, Panama, Brazil and Argentina. I've been to Brazil before so this time I'd go to all the places I didn't get to go to the first time (Salvador, Brazilia, Manaus & the Amazon rainforest, the Fernando de Noronha archipelago, Belem and Recife.)

ReputationRep:
    Saudi Arabia - Islam
    USA - Looks quite grand
    Canada - We were gonna go to Canada if it wasn't UK
    Australia - Awsome weather
    Dubai - Skyscrapers

TBH I want to see as much of the world as possible before I die, want to seriously plan all of this once I get a good job, settle down (sort of), hopefully by mid - late twenties (start of the tour)...

ReputationRep:
    San morino- as you said no budget so could party like a champ

Cancun- always wanted to go especially in spring break (all them american girls gagging for it :P)

Australia- always wanted to go there

USA- always wanted to drive round the states seeing the sights and the big cities

Tokyo- Heard it's a very nice city and some where you should go before you kick the bucket

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has such good reasons to go somewhere..
    1) Canada because my favourite series of books are set there and based on real places <3
    2) Australia because it seems so laidback and chill
    3) Italy - just Rome really, since I loved Angels and Demons was set there, and I loved that book.
    4 and 5) anywhere, I'd be happy for any holiday atm, I'm not fussy.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.