Turn on thread page Beta

If you had an unlimited budget, what five countries would you go to and why? watch

ReputationRep:
    Canada, Australia, Brazil, UAE and Kenya

ReputationRep:
    Australia for the next Ashes series, Peru as I have relatives there, one of the smaller pacific islands to relax, Portugal (never been) and probably Malta as everyone I've known who has gone there loves it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    I have been India before a couple of times, so it not on my list, antartica be cool but will prefer the hot springs in iceland and northern lights.
    What I meant was that you dont get penguins in Iceland or svalbard, and you cannot get tigers in Africa.

ReputationRep:
    paris - been there, loved it, want to go back
    svalbard - northern lights, plus just sounds really cool
    japan, possibly kyoto - the culture, the ambience, just everything
    australia - sun, sea, wildlife...
    peru - machu picchu, nuff said

ReputationRep:
    and unlimited time?

USA: hit vegas and gamble! then go around the whole of US!

Canada: if I'm in USA, might as well drop by Canada, eh?

Japan: apparently it's very very expensive there, so an unlimited budget would be great here. Wanna visit Akihabara.

China: To see the pandas? Haha.

Philippines: Would love to tour my home country. So many places I've never been to!

ReputationRep:
    Czech Republic
    Finland
    Sweden
    Italy
    Switzerland

If only...:daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    At the moment...
    Indonesia
    Madagascar
    Australia
    Galapagos Islands
    Malaysia

But I constantly find new places I want to visit, so this list would constantly change, haha.

ReputationRep:
    USA (have a real all amercan burger and pancakes)
    Singapore
    Thailand
    Namibia
    and probably Costa Rica

ReputationRep:
    Brazil, Italy, Morrocco, South Africa, France

Forgot to say why, will edit in a bit...

ReputationRep:
    Egypt - for the history
    Mali - I'd like to go to West Africa, and Mali seems cool enough
    Cameroon - as above
    Syria - it seems like an interesting country
    Nepal/Bhutan - to see the Himalayas and all that jazz

ReputationRep:
    USA - New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Miami, Seattle, Boston, LA... so many of its cities I want to visit.
    Australia - really want to go there. Not long to wait though. 5 months and counting
    Japan - just to experience the culture.
    Canada - don't really know why, it's just looks really nice.
    New Zealand - would love to do all the thrill-seeker stuff on offer.

ReputationRep:
    Just out of curiosity, why is Australia so popular?
    (Not that I don't like it. Lived here for 8 years... I like it, but I wouldn't put it on my ABSOLUTE TOP list of places to go see.)

Korea (for the culture, food, sceneries, etc.)
    Italy (pretty much the same reasons as above)
    Mongolia (Have always wanted to go there to excavate fossils, etc. Probably will never be able to though D
    Antarctica (Sceneries and wildlife. Enough said.)
    Brazil (THE AMAZON!!!)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    hmm. I'd be tempted to go for bigger countires simply because there is more to see! Equally, getting a mix of climates and scenery is important for me.

Dubai - awesome city
    USA - lots to see and do
    Some tropical island - maybe nauru? Fiji?
    China - culturally different and spectacular scenery.
    Brazil - cities and amazon

damn missed out antarctica... can i have 6? :P

EDIT: if we're only doing places we haven't been to before, it would be antarctica over tropical island.

ReputationRep:
    Finland, Croatia, Brazil, Hungary and Iceland. Although there are way more places I'd also like to see
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by WILL :))
    (Not that I don't like it. Lived here for 8 years... I like it, but I wouldn't put it on my ABSOLUTE TOP list of places to go see.)
    It does have the great barrier reef. Also its just very big and got lots of scenery that we aren't used to here in the UK. I do agree though - i think in this thread people are being overly influenced by the fact that it is a very common place to go, something which is largely due to language and cultural similarities! I'd certainly rather go there than Italy though :erm:

ReputationRep:
    China - to see the Great Wall of China, the culture, the food, the wildlife, so many reasons!
    UAE - mainly because I want to go to Dubai.
    Brazil - would love to see Rio de Janeiro (especially the carnival)
    New Zealand - the scenery is really nice, and I want to try bungee jumping as well!
    Singapore - just really love it there, despite having been quite a few times before!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WILL :))
    Well, as you know there is a hell of a lot to see and do there. The Great Barrier Reef, the Whitsundays, Fraser Island, Cape Tribulation, the Red Centre (Uluru, Kata Tjuta, Kings Canyon), the famous railway across Nullarbor Plain from Adelaide to Perth, Kakadu National Park, the Blue Mountains, the surfing in Tasmania & the east & west coasts, the Bungle Bungles, Lake Eyre, the distinctive features of places like Sydney & Melbourne... plus other people are attracted by the wildlife, all the adventure sports you can do, and the Aboriginal culture, and of course the weather is also a great draw

I didn't put it down in my list, but that's just because I tried to avoid putting down any country I've been to before, to make it easier for myself.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    USA - Want to see every state.
    New Zealand - Meant to be beautiful.
    Japan - It's Japan :awesome:
    China - Interesting history, places etc
    Canada - May as well if I'm in the area

ReputationRep:
    USA- Road trip
    Canada - Mountains and such
    Italy - No idea why
    Austria - been there before, it was amazing
    Holland - Weed and whores (jk)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    BTW i'm not including the countries i've been to:

Japan-amazing culture, I want to see the sights and practice my Japanese
    India-Bali in particular, Again,to see the sights and learn more about the culture and tradition
    Kenya-I want to go on a safari
    Thailand-great beaches and culture
    Egypt-To see the pyramids and sphinx, and stay in a nice beach resort

But ideally i'd like to travel the whole world, they are my top remaining ones. But I want to go back to Brazil, as you can't do it all in one holiday

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.