Turn on thread page Beta

If you had an unlimited budget, what five countries would you go to and why? watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Lots of people seem to want to go to Brazil ,I must be quite lucky!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozzyhickers)
    BTW i'm not including the countries i've been to:

Japan-amazing culture, I want to see the sights and practice my Japanese
    India-Bali in particular, Again,to see the sights and learn more about the culture and tradition
    Kenya-I want to go on a safari
    Thailand-great beaches and culture
    Egypt-To see the pyramids and sphinx, and stay in a nice beach resort

But ideally i'd like to travel the whole world, they are my top remaining ones. But I want to go back to Brazil, as you can't do it all in one holiday
    Bali isn't in India

(apparently there is actually a little place called Bali in India)

Also why is Kenya so much more popular than other African countries which I'm sure have safaris too

ReputationRep:
    Germany and France to practice the language. Norway to see the northern lights and where my family is from. Hong Kong and Thailand, my two best friends are from there so I suppose I should bring them along.

ReputationRep:
    Ecuador- Rainforest, mountains, Galapagos Islands, lovely people

Costa Rica - Always wanted to go here, though probably not all that different from Ecuador

Japan - fascinating country, love to see the contrast between the modern, with Tokyo, bullet trains, super advanced technology and the traditional peaceful side.

New Zealand - Beautiful country and adventure sports

USA - been several times already, but absolutely love it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acerbic)
    Russia, India, China, New Zealand, and Brazil. But there are so many more...
    I see you've gone for the old BRIC's heye hey

ReputationRep:
    If I had an unlimited budget, I'd be going everywhere, not limiting myself to 5 countries!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    As the title states.
    For me, it be Svalbard/Iceland to see the aurora borealis, penguins and polar bears.
    Brazil, to see the rainforest and the Rio de Janeiro beaches and cities.
    Kenya/Tanzania, want to go for a safari and see some wild tiger/lions/elephants etc.
    Japan/ Hong Kong, want to experience the bullet train and see the sites.
    Australia, just experience it.

What about yours?
    Maldives/Seychelles/Mauritius would definitely be one, or three... simply because the climate over there is amazing. White beaches, crystal sand, green islands

ReputationRep:
    China for the art and different culture
    Greece (Athens) for the history and remnants if mythology
    Iceland for the Aurora Borealis but only with the latest thermal clothing etc, i hate the cold
    Madagascar to try and find King Julian...
    India for the colourfulness, preferably at Holi for the colourful dyes etc.

ReputationRep:
    with unlimited budget i'd just buy a big cute house in Scotland and then build a personal distillery. Farm works for the rest of my life...that's it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkxangel)
    Brazil-rainforest

[/IMG]:gah:
    epic

this thread needs more pics imo

ReputationRep:
    If I had an unlimited budget, why would I only go to visit 5 countries? I could visit all of them... :confused:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Japan-amazing culture
    Could you expand on what you (and others) mean by japan's 'amazing culture' - its just that for me and my very limited knowledge 'Japan' means crazy game shows, sushi and a whole host of very negative stereotypes - not really reasons to want to visit there! What am i missing out on?

ReputationRep:
    South Korea to visit my best friend, she lives here but as of September she'll be studying in Seoul for a year, and I cannot go a whole year without seeing her.

Finland, because I have friends there who I met on various youth exchanges, I love the language and the culture, and I love sauna too, it's really relaxing. When I'm older I demand to have one in my house.

Japan, it just seems like such a lovely place to be..

Australia - I have friends and family there and they tell me all these stories about where they live, and they take photos and send them to me and I just get so jealous!

Canada - I also have family who recently moved here and they said I can come and gatecrash any time I want. I shall be taking them up on this offer. :p:

I really, REALLY want to go to Ireland too. Again, to see family. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    epic

this thread needs more pics imo
    Agreed, but after looking at these pics I feel rather depressed and restless. :sad: I really want to travel, in fact I yearn to travel.
    Here more pics:
    [IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWcc8AW1EoSO9 jLX5BsHae-nuXltKneZtm_AWb2L57vE8d0***ng[/IMG]
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by nexttime)
    Could you expand on what you (and others) mean by japan's 'amazing culture' - its just that for me and my very limited knowledge 'Japan' means crazy game shows, sushi and a whole host of very negative stereotypes - not really reasons to want to visit there! What am i missing out on?
    Castles, Temples, Palaces, Spas and tea-houses!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    Bali isn't in India

(apparently there is actually a little place called Bali in India)

Also why is Kenya so much more popular than other African countries which I'm sure have safaris too
    Yes, and that's the Bali I want to go to.
    And also, I know that other African countries do Safari's but there's a particular watering hole hotel I want to go to in Kenya called Treetops Lodge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therealOG)
    I see you've gone for the old BRIC's heye hey
    Yeah I noticed that while typing them out. They're all massive though, so much to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siani-chan)
    South Korea to visit my best friend, she lives here but as of September she'll be studying in Seoul for a year, and I cannot go a whole year without seeing her.

Finland, because I have friends there who I met on various youth exchanges, I love the language and the culture, and I love sauna too, it's really relaxing. When I'm older I demand to have one in my house.

Japan, it just seems like such a lovely place to be..

Australia - I have friends and family there and they tell me all these stories about where they live, and they take photos and send them to me and I just get so jealous!

Canada - I also have family who recently moved here and they said I can come and gatecrash any time I want. I shall be taking them up on this offer. :p:

I really, REALLY want to go to Ireland too. Again, to see family. :p:
    My dad did Physics at Leicester!

Had to say it

ReputationRep:
    USA - so much variety, so many places to go to. I'd particularly like to see New England, Minnesota and Michigan, Washington (both D.C. and the state, actually) and the Mojave and Sonoran regions around Arizona and Nevada. Road trip would have to be the only way I'd accept seeing the States.
    Canada - the Canadian Rockies, the mighty rivers of the prairies, the forests of Newfoundland and British Columbia, Toronto, Quebec, Vancouver, Motreal, Ottawa, Halifax . . . would love to go! Best way to see it would be by train I think - get on one of the sleeper services from Toronto to Vancouver
    New Zealand - mostly my friends constantly yammering on about how awesome it is, but I would love to go. Auckland looks pretty awesome but I've heard nice things about Wellington, too, and then there's the epic scenery of the South Isle.
    Gibraltar - OK, so it's a territory, but it's always fascinated me.
    Falklands - Again, a territory, but the beauty of it's wildlife would definitely not be lost on me.

Frankly I would love to go anywhere and everywhere. If I had essentially unlimited funds I'd just go travelling forever. :moon:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Castles, Temples, Palaces, Spas and tea-houses!
    Is that really what Japan is known for? Fair enough - historically it was very isolated i guess. I've seen my fair share of temples so i might keep it on my 'pass' list, but thank you for the information anyway!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.