Turn on thread page Beta

If you had an unlimited budget, what five countries would you go to and why? watch

ReputationRep:
    Russia
    America
    France
    Germany
    Montengro

ReputationRep:
    India: I've always wanted to experience an Indian sunset, and I always get these auras about it which give me butterflies-I've also been very fascinated by Indian culture from an early age.

Singapore: It appears to be really diverse landscape wise, the people are friendly and beautiful. Plus the culture interests me.

Croatia: It's stunning a friend went there last year and it looked sensational. It's simple yet historic and rather romantic.

Bosnia: Elegant and simple, very in touch with nature and I heard the food is amazing.

Hungray: BUDAPEST!It's really vibrant and charming.

ReputationRep:
    I would go to...

Brazil: I hear their carnivals are amazing, would love to be a part of that
    Ghana: Country of origin, most of my family are there, never been before though.
    China: A girl in my sixth form recently went, and from her pictures it looks like a beautiful country.
    South Africa: I'm currently so facinated with their culture. Would love to be their long enough to learn one of their dialects.
    America: Not sure which part, a really lively city though, like say New York or something, always wondered how I'd enjoy it there now I'm older.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    Is that really what Japan is known for? Fair enough - historically it was very isolated i guess. I've seen my fair share of temples so i might keep it on my 'pass' list, but thank you for the information anyway!
    There's way more to Japanese culture and Japan than what the guy you quoted said.

- Kabuki and Noh dramas, Sumo, Kendo, Shinto shrines, Onsen, geishas, the history of the Samurai and emperors, Japanese painting, woodblock prints, sculpture and calligraphy, the incredible importance of not 'losing face' and the culture of respect.

- Japanese festivals like the cherry blossom festivals, Tanabata, Bon Festival and New Year.

- Capsule hotels, the Bullet Train, traditional Ryokan

- Hot springs and incredible volcanic rock formations

- Coral reefs, rainforests and white sand beaches in the Okinawa and Southeast Islands

- Really great hiking in the mountainous interior

And that's all aside from the technology and films etc.

ReputationRep:
    Peru - mountains, lake Titicaca, Amazon rainforest, Inca Trail, Machu Picchu (going next summer with my brother hopefully, so will get that one)
    China - mountains, cities, food, Gui-Lin
    Croatia - loved it last time: beaches, islands, Dubrovnik, national parks
    Egypt - pyramids, sphinx, deserts
    Mexico - temples, jungle, food, culture

Maybe not Egypt or Mexico at the moment, but in general those lot.

ReputationRep:
    china - i went earlier this year in february and it was fantastic, i'm even contemplating of living there soon. the city of beijing is breathtaking and just the general chinese culture is cool.

usa - i'd love to explore nyc and parts of the west coast

australia - only when the australia open is on because i'm a massive tennis fanatic, plus the weather is just what i need! and also i want to pet a koala bear

italy - to explore the architecture, do some shopping and eye up the italian stallions :sexface:

cambodia - parts of the country are very deprived and dominated by poverty, at some point in my life i want to do voluntary work there.

xoxoxoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    Capsule hotels
    I just googled those, they look like concentration camps or Orwellian prisons :wtf:

(Original post by lozzyhickers)
    Yes, and that's the Bali I want to go to.
    And also, I know that other African countries do Safari's but there's a particular watering hole hotel I want to go to in Kenya called Treetops Lodge.
    There doesn't seem to be much there though...
    Fair enough, it still seems like a quite a lot of people in this thread who want to go to Kenya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    I just googled those, they look like concentration camps or Orwellian prisons :wtf:

Fair enough, it still seems like a quite a lot of people in this thread who want to go to Kenya
    Some friends of mine stayed in a capsule hotel in Tokyo, they said it was really cool the way they managed to fit all the necessities into such a small place but still remain comfortable

There's loads of stuff to do and see in Kenya too btw, apart from safari trips.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    USA - so much variety, so many places to go to. I'd particularly like to see New England, Minnesota and Michigan, Washington (both D.C. and the state, actually) and the Mojave and Sonoran regions around Arizona and Nevada. Road trip would have to be the only way I'd accept seeing the States.
    Canada - the Canadian Rockies, the mighty rivers of the prairies, the forests of Newfoundland and British Columbia, Toronto, Quebec, Vancouver, Motreal, Ottawa, Halifax . . . would love to go! Best way to see it would be by train I think - get on one of the sleeper services from Toronto to Vancouver
    New Zealand - mostly my friends constantly yammering on about how awesome it is, but I would love to go. Auckland looks pretty awesome but I've heard nice things about Wellington, too, and then there's the epic scenery of the South Isle.
    Gibraltar - OK, so it's a territory, but it's always fascinated me.
    Falklands - Again, a territory, but the beauty of it's wildlife would definitely not be lost on me.

Frankly I would love to go anywhere and everywhere. If I had essentially unlimited funds I'd just go travelling forever. :moon:
    I came here to literally write exactly this, especially Canada. The Rockies just look amazing, and then just how completely flat the prairies are.

The unlimited funds would be nice. Sit on £10-20 million in the bank and go travelling forever from the interest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lack of Creativity)
    I came here to literally write exactly this, especially Canada. The Rockies just look amazing, and then just how completely flat the prairies are.

The unlimited funds would be nice. Sit on £10-20 million in the bank and go travelling forever from the interest.
    Haha

I think we need to go on an epic trip

ReputationRep:
    Antarctica- the last great wilderness on earth, penguins and southern lights all in one. See it before it's gone!
    Costa rica- the wildlife, it's one of the most biodiverse places on the planet. And I would love to see the divide between the atlantic and pacific oceans xD
    Japan (after all this mess is sorted out) - the culture, food and cherry blossom!
    The okovango delta (in botswana I think?) for the wildlife
    Italy- for the architecture, history, Rome and food

ReputationRep:
    Spain
    Bora Bora
    Monaco
    Italy
    Greece

Don't know why but I just dream of going to these (and other) places in the world.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    There is, there are several temples, a fort, and the festivals there are famous. I like to become immersed in culture when I go away, I want to blend in, not become one of those 'English Tourists'. That's why I hate such places like Magaluf and Ibiza.

ReputationRep:
    Holland (Specifically Amsterdam) :tong:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Iceland/Norway - both for the history and natural landscape (granted both are rather different in character, but equally as impressive). I think of the two I'd prefer Iceland.
    Tanzania - I've been to kenya on safari, it was brilliant. Would love to see mt Kilimanjaro and go on safari again.
    New Zealand - outstanding landscape. Also have a couple of friends and some distant relations out there.
    Antarctica - There's something about the vastness and extreme climate that interests me. And penguins of course. This and New Zealand would mean I'll have been to all 7 continents. I would expect that Antarctica would be an excursion from NZ.
    Nepal - My parents have been and frequently say how me and my brother need to go and see it all.

ReputationRep:
    New Zealand
    Canada
    South Pacific (island hopping)
    Italy (in truth, most of Europe)
    Norway

ReputationRep:
    Egypt
    Poland
    Cuba
    Brazil
    Austria

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ponchokid)
    usa (texas) .
    chainsaws

ReputationRep:
    Antarctica -
    Svalbard
    USA
    Argentina
    Japan

ReputationRep:
    USA: experience the culture
    Brazil: experience the beaches and festivals
    Japan: experience up and coming technology
    Kenya/ Tanzania: experience animals in wild (safari)
    Egypt: see the great pyramids and sphinx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.