Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you had an unlimited budget, what five countries would you go to and why? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therealOG)
    You seem pretty sheltered and paranoid mate. You could just as easily be killed by some nutter with a gun in America....
    ^^ This, tbh

ReputationRep:
    Japan - Tokyo
    Hong Kong
    Singapore
    The UK - London
    The US - NYC

ReputationRep:
    France - I just love it and can speak some French
    Russia - it just seems pretty
    New Zealand - everyone who I've spoken to who has been there has loved it
    USA - there's practically an endless amount of things to see and do
    Brazil - I'd love to take someone I know there because he is obsessed with it

ReputationRep:
    Two Continents left to visit for me: South America and Antarctica. So five countries would have to be:

Argentina - To watch Boca Jrs v River Plate.
    Ecuador - To visit the Galapagos Islands
    Brazil - Amazon
    Bolivia - Andes
    Antarctica - Just

ReputationRep:
    Ivory Coast
    Japan
    Libya
    Afghanistan
    Russia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Antarctica
    South Pacific Islands
    Argentina
    Iraq (using unlimited budget for security)
    Amazon Rainforest
    With Iraq, would you be going will full bodyguards, a bulletproof vehicle and all out. Amazon Rainforest would be amazing, love to see that some day.

ReputationRep:
    thailand,brazil, australia,japan,LA...dunno y really, just very interested in going to all those places and not been before

ReputationRep:
    Iran, Cuba, Australia, all African countries... Don't know why but these countries really do attract me a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    As the title states.
    For me, it be Svalbard/Iceland to see the aurora borealis, penguins and polar bears.
    Brazil, to see the rainforest and the Rio de Janeiro beaches and cities.
    Kenya/Tanzania, want to go for a safari and see some wild tiger/lions/elephants etc.
    Japan/ Hong Kong, want to experience the bullet train and see the sites.
    Australia, just experience it.

What about yours?
    Thailand with www.travelinagroup.com

America

Fiji

New Zealand

Mexico

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    As the title states.
    For me, it be Svalbard/Iceland to see the aurora borealis, penguins and polar bears.
    Brazil, to see the rainforest and the Rio de Janeiro beaches and cities.
    Kenya/Tanzania, want to go for a safari and see some wild tiger/lions/elephants etc.
    Japan/ Hong Kong, want to experience the bullet train and see the sites.
    Australia, just experience it.

What about yours?
    Penguins aren't found in Iceland, sadly. I love penguins and want to see some in their natural habitat one day.

For me, it would have to be:
    USA - massive road trip including New York (shops + Niagara Falls), California (Yosemite, theme parks, beaches), Arizona (Grand Canyon) and loads more places too. Also Hawaii but I guess that counts as a separate holiday
    Antarctic cruise - to see some amazing sights (and penguins of course!)
    Tanzania - safari
    Galapagos islands
    Brazil for the world cup!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolololol)
    Penguins aren't found in Iceland, sadly. I love penguins and want to see some in their natural habitat one day.

For me, it would have to be:
    USA - massive road trip including New York (shops + Niagara Falls), California (Yosemite, theme parks, beaches), Arizona (Grand Canyon) and loads more places too. Also Hawaii but I guess that counts as a separate holiday
    Antarctic cruise - to see some amazing sights (and penguins of course!)
    Tanzania - safari
    Galapagos islands
    Brazil for the world cup!

Yeah, I realised later, so it will have to be antarctic then, not sure whether I want to be up close 1-on-1 with a polar bear now, love to see one but from a safe distance. World cup in Brazil will be amazing.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Bump to see if people had different opinions now.

ReputationRep:
    South Korea
    Japan
    Nigeria
    France
    Sweden

ReputationRep:
    Thailand
    Switzerland (Verbier, for the snowboarding)
    Australia
    Borneo
    Canada

ReputationRep:
    I've already explored Egypt this year one I had on my wish list a long time and be exploring France later this year.

Places I want to visit

Sudan - when I was in Egypt there was a lot of the ruins they had there, so be interesting to see the history.

China - I've always been fascinated by the culture and like to try some of their weirder foods. See the Great Wall and old temples.

North Korea - I know about its politics but in reality it's actually a really safe country to visit unless you're American, Japanese or South Korean. I know a tour company that does so might be going there sometime soon. Would like to do a NK and China combo tour

Afghanistan - I know about its horrible wars in recent years but there is a few tour companies but take you through the country. Be interesting to see the other side of the country, see its beauty and talk to locals.

Turkmenistan - its a country with propaganda, it's so bizarre and weird be interesting to see. Plus is has the gates from hell , a weird area that is always on fire and underground cave pools to swim in.

There is a lot more too love to explore the islands of the South Pacific like Fiji, Samoa and French Polynesia. Explore South America and see Antarctica too.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Back to Iceland
    Norway
    Sweden
    Finland
    Denmark

I've only ever fancied going to Scandinavian countries I love their culture and history and everywhere else is too bloody warm for my liking and has killer bugs or beasties.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    USA
    Canada
    Australia
    Dubai
    Japan

ReputationRep:
    It's so hard to pick just 5, but if I had to I think it would be the following:

-New Zealand
    -Peru
    -Fiji
    -Bora Bora
    -Iceland

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.