Turn on thread page Beta

Will grunge music come back to mainstream? watch

ReputationRep:
    Share your opinion about grunge. Do you believe that someday some kind of grunge form will be popular again?

Hmmmmm maybe if people ever get bored of the mainstream pop/rnb

ReputationRep:
    I hope so, I need riffs and hooks, not hear about some scutty ****er who has not changed his jeans for 4 days, in a song with no melody. Give me Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Pixies, Love Battery, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains anyday

ReputationRep:
    A question to readers, how would you judge a song to be grunge? By it's style, time era etc...?

ReputationRep:
    Sure, when Cobain digs himself out of the grave..

ReputationRep:
    i ****ing hope so, Alice in chains > Nirvana

ReputationRep:
    Cobain era is already over. We need someone new with good music that could be described as grunge.

ReputationRep:
    I can't see it happening, who cares if it's mainstream though? Listen to what you want.

ReputationRep:
    Music and fashion has become pretty cyclical. Many teenagers today look like they just stepped off the set of the wedding singer.

So maybe

ReputationRep:
    It cares if it would be mainstream. When I turn on the radio, I can't listen to what is playing. There aren't new good grunge music to download. Only 90s music...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.