Turn on thread page Beta

Been with Girlfriend for 7 months and no sex? watch

Announcements

So I have been with my girlfriend (Catherine) for 7 months and we haven't had sex yet. We are both virgins, we have discussed sex and all before and I am now finally ready to have sex within the relationship and when I told her that I was ready she told me how she wasn't ready yet and it could be over a year before she is properly ready. We haven't done anything sexual at all apart from one time at my school formal when I managed to get my hands up in her dressto feel her titties, apart from that, nada. I ain't got a problem with waiting, was just wondering for other opinions.

ReputationRep:
    How old are you? And is she strongly religous?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I managed to get my hands up in her dress to feel her titties
    Bless! This sounds a little rapey but in an endearingly innocent kinda way :')

I ain't got a problem with waiting, was just wondering for other opinions
    All you can do is wait really dude.. best not to force the issue or even try to tempt her until she's showing signs that she wants to. If you can't wait just tell her you'll be there when she's ready but you have needs so you're going to have to take 'a break' so as to get your 'oats' elsewhere..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economister)
    *verging
    *discused

Please learn to spell and use grammer correctly before posting on these forums in future.

In response to your post, however, I totally agree with what you are saying.
    Errr....what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Dreaming*)
    How old are you? And is she strongly religous?
    Im 18 and she is 17, hmm well we both go to mass like, but I dont think she is 'strongly' religious.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone ignore Economister, s/he is a boss at "correcting" people's grammar and making everyone completely forget the actual point of the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Bless! This sounds a little rapey but in an endearingly innocent kinda way :')

All you can do is wait really dude.. best not to force the issue or even try to tempt her until she's showing signs that she wants to. If you can't wait just tell her you'll be there when she's ready but you have needs so you're going to have to take 'a break' so as to get your 'oats' elsewhere..

Hahahaha it does spund rapey but only way I could word it lol. Yep I will be there when she is ready, i aint going to force the issue, no way, just wanted to get other thoughts on my issue lol

ReputationRep:
    Lol at how his correction was wrong what an idiot!
    She won't even let u touch her boobs!?!?
    I don't wanna sound like a **** or anything but a guy can touch mine even if we're not going out, maybe she isn't that into u, or is scared of getting pregnant or something :/ or is just put off the idea of sex in general

ReputationRep:
    Honest opinion?

Read and learn more about sex so you have an idea what you're going to be doing. I recommend the female orgasm black book by lee jenkins and she comes first by ian kerner for going down/getting rid of anxiety you may have and learning the different parts of the vulva. Also I suppose it's difficult/impossible without physical practice but if you learn how to snap a bra off a girl, it comes in handy.

Anyway, yes take it as slow as you both want before sex. Try not to be nervous and just enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    Have you asked her why? Obviously not directly, but tried subtly to find out why, it might be she feels (or even is?) too young, or religious reasons etc. I'd say if you're happy waiting, just wait, and it'll finally happen when you're both ready.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiablu)
    Lol at how his correction was wrong what an idiot!
    She won't even let u touch her boobs!?!?
    I don't wanna sound like a **** or anything but a guy can touch mine even if we're not going out, maybe she isn't that into u, or is scared of getting pregnant or something :/ or is just put off the idea of sex in general

Hahahaha I aint scared of getting her pregnant, that thought hasn't even crept into my mind, I would be using condoms anyway like. She just doesnt feel ready at the moment, she doesn't elaborate much further than that

(Original post by Crazy Paving)
    Have you asked her why? Obviously not directly, but tried subtly to find out why, it might be she feels (or even is?) too young, or religious reasons etc. I'd say if you're happy waiting, just wait, and it'll finally happen when you're both ready.
    Yep I have aksed her why she aint ready, and she just says she isnt 'there' yet, wherever 'there' is lol. Her close friends have all had sex before so its not like she is following their example. I guess patience is the way forward haha

ReputationRep:
    Oh I know ud be using a condom but my friend is scared to have sex with her bf cuz she wants to go on the pill swell as use a condom just incase, to be like extra safe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiablu)
    Oh I know ud be using a condom but my friend is scared to have sex with her bf cuz she wants to go on the pill swell as use a condom just incase, to be like extra safe
    Well my girlf is currently on the pill because of her skin, she had acne and is now on the pill as a medication etc.

ReputationRep:
    So I have been with my girlfriend (Catherine) for 7 months and we haven't had sex yet. We are both virgins, we have discussed sex and all before and I am now finally ready to have sex within the relationship and when I told her that I was ready she told me how she wasn't ready yet and it could be over a year before she is properly ready. We haven't done anything sexual at all apart from one time at my school formal when I managed to get my hands up in her dressto feel her titties, apart from that, nada. I ain't got a problem with waiting, was just wondering for other opinions.
    Although sex might not be a daunting prospect for you, it could well be for her - in some ways, first time sex is scary because you don't know what to expect. Plus many girls are afraid of it hurting and are worried that they won't know what to do!

It's good that you're prepared to wait though. Keep talking to her about it, and maybe suggest that you try oral sex etc before you go to the full extent of intercourse. Just be sure not to pressure her if she's not ready.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruairi92)
    Well my girlf is currently on the pill because of her skin, she had acne and is now on the pill as a medication etc.
    Ah kk, she's just mot ready then, fair enough

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend waited for a year before having sex with me - though we did do quite a lot of other things prior to it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Journeyzap)
    My boyfriend waited for a year before having sex with me - though we did do quite a lot of other things prior to it...

Well when did you start to do these things ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    Although sex might not be a daunting prospect for you, it could well be for her - in some ways, first time sex is scary because you don't know what to expect. Plus many girls are afraid of it hurting and are worried that they won't know what to do!

It's good that you're prepared to wait though. Keep talking to her about it, and maybe suggest that you try oral sex etc before you go to the full extent of intercourse. Just be sure not to pressure her if she's not ready.
    Hmm I would always wait, I would never force her to do anything that serious. If it takes her a year before she feels ready then I will wait a year. What would be peoples advice if she wasn't ready after a year?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations i had a relationship with no sex after 11 months we ended up splitting because we wernt getting along, however in your situation there isnt going to much of a change tbh imo due to the potential high religious views although maybe if you are into alcohol this may be a way around but i wouldnt recommend it if you both dont want it that much.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.